question on Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pritch

Reaction score
hey. i'm interested in getting a used Liberty (2002-2003) but the guy at the lot said that the back seat DOES NOT fold down completely flat. is this true? thanks.

dnm45227

Reaction score
Sort of. It folds pretty much flat if you take off the head rests. They come right off and you can "store" them under the back seats.

What trim level are you looking at? What transfer case and options is on it. Some of the things you might want is the Sele-Trac transfer case and heated seats. Those are just two of my favorites.

Pritch

Reaction score
hmm..i'm looking for a 4-wheel drive one, and i need the seats to fold completely flat so i can put all my camping gear in.

when i was at the dealership today, the salesman tried to fold the rear seats down, but the bottom cushion didn't move or wasn't able to be taken out, so it got in the way of allowing the rear seat to fold down completely. was he doing it right, or was there something he was missing?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
it has a slight angle, but, it's pretty much flat. when u bring down the back portion, the seat itself will move forward.

any info on the KJ ur purchasing, IE limited, sport, renegade?....

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they don't fold flat, particularly the older ones. If that's your big issue, then you'd have to remove the seat bottoms or shop for a different vehicle. :-k

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
roadrunner said:
No, they don't fold flat, particularly the older ones. If that's your big issue, then you'd have to remove the seat bottoms or shop for a different vehicle. :-k
That pretty much sums it up right there. The '05s fold flatter, but are still not level with the cargo floor.

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't fold completely flat on 02-03s but flat enough for your camping gear. BTW I found an electric cooler at Costco to plug in the back, that fits perfectly, length parallel to Jeep length, when the back seats are up. But once I left it plugged in all night and it ran the battery down enough to need a boost. No matter, unplug it and it's still plenty cold in the morning.

dnm45227

Reaction score
By the way, the '05s fold flatter w/o having to take off the head rests like I have to w/the '02.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cooler & battery

They make a device, I forget what it's called, that prevents anything plugged into a cigarette lighter from draining the battery. It looks like a cable extension, it's about 3 feet long and has a measuring device w/ an indicator light in the middle. You plug it in, the plug the cooler into it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do not believe the seat angle would keep u from getting camping gear in it, the seat folds flat enough to lay things on, it wont fall off.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
However, if you're going to put stuff back there, be warned that there will be some sliding down, so secure your stuff to make sure nothing on the seats crushes things on the cargo load floor!

(I should know... moving my stuff to college was an adventure. Everything must be in the right spot. The KJ is the perfect vehicle for that however. \:D/ Everything fits!)

You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe this will help... (some of the water, all the juice, and the pillows were mine.) the rest of the water was for my sister's job.

Members online

No members online now.