Question on Ironman Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matto

Reaction score
While I was previously considering an OME setup, I'm now thinking about pulling the trigger on an Ironman kit. Reading through several threads, my conclusion is they ride a bit better than OME. Maybe not quite as much of a lift as an OME setup, but that's completely fine with me.

Now, if I straight up by the 1.5" kit, will I be OK? I read some posts about the rear shocks not being long enough, but this is an on-road vehicle 99.9% of the time.

Also, if there's an issue with the rear shocks not being long enough, why are they still sold with the kit?

Thanks guys.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I was previously considering an OME setup, I'm now thinking about pulling the trigger on an Ironman kit. Reading through several threads, my conclusion is they ride a bit better than OME. Maybe not quite as much of a lift as an OME setup, but that's completely fine with me.

Now, if I straight up by the 1.5" kit, will I be OK? I read some posts about the rear shocks not being long enough, but this is an on-road vehicle 99.9% of the time.

Also, if there's an issue with the rear shocks not being long enough, why are they still sold with the kit?

Thanks guys.

My uneducated guess is that the shocks are probably long enough in the rear for street and mall crawling, but tend to top-out off-road when real flex is occurring. I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in.

Keep in mind that a 1.5" lift is probably going to give you more than 1.5" from where your Jeep sits right now, due to the old suspension being worn and sagged.

Good luck!

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iron man originally didn't have long enough shocks. They have corrected this and the rears (if they are available) will be long enough for the lift.

Matto

Reaction score
Perfect, all I needed to know. Thanks guys.

Just wish they were still cheaper than the OME's!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My uneducated guess is that the shocks are probably long enough in the rear for street and mall crawling, but tend to top-out off-road when real flex is occurring. I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in.

Keep in mind that a 1.5" lift is probably going to give you more than 1.5" from where your Jeep sits right now, due to the old suspension being worn and sagged.

Good luck!

Stock length shocks will top out even with just the springs and nothing else , they are not long enough . The extended rear shocks for the lifts are longer ( longer in fact than Bilstein and OME ) KEEP IN MIND the 1.5 is advertised not real lift which with the Ironman is 2.25 inches from new stock height
Uneducated guess not allowed:icon_lol:

Matto

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the ironman kit and will soon pick up 235/75/16 Firestone Destination A/Ts to complement.