Question on 05 CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tigrou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi,

I'm breaking my head with the following question:

I buy my KJ CRD wild dream 1 year ago
A personnal gift to replace my ducati witch was unable to carry a little baby \:D/

In one year i've got a lot of problems:

- lost of power (3 times stopped to solve the problem)
- erratic remote entry system (not solve)
- lost of a "pin" of the transfert case
- hand brake borken
- squeaking of the torsion bars (not solve)
- and now change of the back bridge and the transmission

I'm now afraid to go off road with my car
and Jeep told me that it's not du to off road "game"

I like to drive my KJ but i'm afraid to be stopped again with wife, kids and luggages if I leave in Holidays [-X

I Think i'm going to change now but: do you think I am alone with all that problems ?

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only had mine a few months and I don't off road.........yet. Except for the stopping and possibly the transmission issue the failures that you liste were Liberty issues, not just diesel issues. Lots of people over here off road with Libertys on a regular basis and I think do so successfully unless they get real radical.

There seems to be a few transmission issues over here with the CRD Automatic, mostly related to bad programming and a couple of bad batches of filters. Sometimes the filter issues have resulted in greater problems if not corrected but I don't recall any reports of the diesels just stopping or being otherwise unreliable. Maybe I will feel different a year from now. ](*,)

Tigrou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for your advice

so I have two ways:

- change my Jeep for another car
- keep it, be cool and continu having fun off road with my family

I like the second one but ....... [-o<

Latest posts

Members online