Question: Build Sheet Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my build sheet and am curious as to what is : XPFS Protective Coating and Remover ???

(Aeh)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunscreen lotion for your jeep ?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joeg said:
Just got my build sheet and am curious as to what is : XPFS Protective Coating and Remover ???

(Aeh)

Was that a dealer installed option?

One time, I bought a new car and the dealer offered something that sounded like that... said that you didn't have to wax the car for five years! I asked, but does it protect the paint from rock chips? Of course not, so I told him to forget it. Interesting thing, a year later, got a big rock chip on the hood and had the hood repainted. So that "protective coating" would have been sanded off anyway... ](*,)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Are you overseas? That might be some coating to protect the paint during the trip on the ship to the other side of the world.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Protective coating

It is a factory option and all the exterior plastic, fenders, bumper facia, outside mirrors, and shield below windshield near wipers is "Glossy" almost as if it had been coverd with Armor All,,,,,,Maybe that's what they mean ???

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh... well it must just be a sales thing! "Look, we also put tire shine on the tires at no charge!"

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Oh... well it must just be a sales thing! "Look, we also put tire shine on the tires at no charge!"

20+ grand, they aught to include a few CASES of tire shine...lol

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
grogiefrog said:

20+ grand, they aught to include a few CASES of tire shine...lol

I can see some car salesman saying that.

My wife and I just ordered new windows for the house (rant: builder put cheap windows in), and the salesman said to us as we are walking out, "I'll be sure to drop you off a free can of window cleaner once their installed." Wow, what a guy!

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my answer .......

According to Chrysler............It's the protective white plastic sheets applied to the car at the manuf, for protection during transport.....

N =D> ow we all know.....for what it's worth anyway..