question about cd changer.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have an rb1 on the way, my sirius radio with install kit ready to go, and the artist/song cable also ordered on the way. The only thing I have left to purchase is the cd changer. I found this one on ebay I'm looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bran...43948QQitemZ8049346217QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Is this the kind I could use for the cubby hole on the side, or is there a Liberty specific one for the cubbyhole......and if there is, does anybody have the mopar part number for it?

This is my only real question I have regarding the project I'm to undertake

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at least i can help somebody avoid the same mistakes i've made.....we have the same setup going, rb1, satellite radio and want a changer because we'd like to use the nav and listen to cds at the same time.

I also thought of the cubby hole changers, there doesn't seem to be one for the KJ for a reason..pull your radio bezel off and doublecheck this; but even if you cut up the bezel at the lighter, there isn't a whole lot of room for the changer there. That's why i wanted an extra bezel a while back, to give it a try, but i just gave up on the whole thing.

The kit in your link doesn't look like it comes with the mounting bracket for the cargo area or the bezel to make things look nice. If you want to fabricate all that (which is what i'm in the process of doing) then that's not a bad deal.

Nobody has put a bracket on ebay for a while, and this one guy keeps buying up all the loose changers that have brackets, bench tests them, adds a cable and resells them for a rediculous price (without the bracket). I asked him about sellng me a bracket he had around, he said he'd sell me a bracket, then gave me a link to the same universal bracket i already had that doesnt work in our cargo area. When i sent him a link of what i was looking for, he never replied.

The other problem i found was that the manufacture date of the changer i got off ebay was 2000(!)...it was in a sealed box and all, but a leftover laying around for 5 years. No problems yet but, all the same, i should have gone to jparts from the start.

If you want convienent, for a decent price, go to jparts and just pick up their a mopar kit and save yourself the time. To me it hasn't been worth the money i ended up saving.

billydoo

Reaction score
I had the same problem trying to buy a Mopar changer on Ebay. It was huge mistake as the item was DOA (they don't ship well without the shipping screws) and I would have had to spend a lot on the Liberty specific brackets on top. I took forever to get the refund from PayPal because the seller was a jerk. I would also avoid mrcd1 on Ebay based on my other personal experiences. Play it safe and go with the specific rear quarter trim panel (cargo net) mount from chryslerpartsdirect.com and get ;
Item Number MSRP Price
82208269 $410.00 $336.20

PLYR KIT CD CHANGER

UPDATE
I see you bought the Generic Mopar Changer on Ebay from Vin Devers.
You will need the brackets (5, 6, & 9, below), some hardware, and the Bezel. I assume you have the Sirius Kit for the CD Changer option . That will have all the cables you need. Throw the blue cable away! I have the instruction sheet, changer cut-out template and the extra bezel (black) that came with my Liberty changer.
PM ME!
Here is the parts sketch from the parts website. Trademotion does not provide part numbers. Search 'CD Changer' under Collision Parts Search for 2005 Jeep Liberty.
#5 Upper 02-05 $14.25 $11.69
#6 Side 02-05 $16.20 $13.28
#9 Brace 02-05 $29.45 $24.15
There are brackets that go on the side of the changer. I can email you a PDF scan of the instruction sheet for a better look.

You must be registered for see images

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pm sent and a big thanks. I'm sorry you went thru the same process (scary how you named both ebay merchants i was referring to), but your post is a huge help. I was all ready to make a bracket and faceplate based on what i found when i removed the trim and pictures i've saved off the web. My poor changer has been velcroed to the carpet in the cargo area for months now, its finally going to get a home.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was just #9, there is an old post on ju that no longer has the pics, but somebody else did the same thing we did and he said he only needed to fab up the one brace. Another guy on the forum sent him the faceplate and template and he was set.

think you may have pm'ed me this, but i do have the mounting bolts/nuts, they came with the universal kit. So at least that kit wasn't a total waste of money. Also realized what a ripoff that mrcd1 is, he sells a $50 dollar msrp (41 dollars thru trademotion) for 77 plus shipping. I'm glad i didn't end up giving that guy any of my business.

btw, link to the post here:
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678005&page=1&pp=20

Members online