Putco LED Headlight Conversion Kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Putco LED Headlight Conversion Kit? My father in law bought a kit for his 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost CCSB Headlights and Fog lights and he loves them however he does have them flicker very close to another vehicle due to DRL's, Has anyone had any experience with LED lights causing flickering and would it be something as simple as disabling the DRL's? I always turn my headlights/Fog lights on when I drive anyways so DRL's is not a concern to me, I just want to get a little more info before dropping $300-$400 just to start to dance party on the roads haha.

Here is a link to the lights!
Grandwest Enterprises

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking in to those for the JK instead of getting the more expensive actual LED housing like JW Speaker's or Tucklites since those are in the $300 range. These bulb conversions you can get for about $140 from almost any of the main 4x4 part sites which is cheaper. Not sure if they have them in 9007 though.

From what I came across while researching online. and mind you this pertains to the JK not the KJ so it might be different.

A. they are illegal to use if that is something that botheres you.

B. They are very bright which is a plus but they will blind anyone in front of you.

C. From what I've been told, they are impossible to adjust becasue the light pattern is basically all over. So no matter what you are blinding someone.

Blinding other drivers and them being illegal are the 2 reasons I decided not to use them personaly but I know some people don't really care if they blind other people so that's not a down side to some like it was me. I have heard they are really bright though. I know the JW Speakers are pretty insane.

As far as the flickering, You need to use an Anti-Flicker harness with LED's to prevent that.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need for any anti-flicker in a '03,newer Can Bus vehicles will require them since the lights are computer controlled but not in a '03 KJ.You will need to disable the DRL's though,completely disable them meaning you need the country code changed to the USA and remove the DRL relay and install a normal relay in the high beam relay port.

Besides that I'd wait a few more years when better companies start producing LED retrofit kits.All that is out there are junk brands that have very poor quality and longevity issues,talking about retro-fit kits not whole housing replacements like Trucklite or JW Speaker.Like how they think they need a ballast,LED's do not need a ballast like HID's.