Proud KJ owner St charles Mo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tcmtweeked

Reaction score
Hi i have just purchase my first jeep. Its a 06 KJ sport, V6, six speed, 4X2. I wish it was a 4x4 but i got such a good deal i could not pass it up. I was wondering if there is anybody out there that attempts a little light off roading with a 4x2.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
I have a friend who had a 2wd 4 ****** s10 a few years back and we all went to the mud to play and he kept getting stuck with his peg leg (no posi) and street tires, but he had a blast. More recently, he took his silverado (2wd but it has posi) on the beach and my brother had to pull him out in his tank of a truck (99 dodge ram diesel 4x4 with tow package... almost 4 tons of vehicle and 18mpg).

As long as you go with people who can get you out and you have recovery points (tow hooks, trailer hitch, etc) you should be fine.

tcmtweeked

Reaction score
yeah plan on getting tow hooks, etc., but i don't plan on getting stuck (even though it will happen). I'm planing on lifting(only a little for clearance of bigger tires), changing tires, and maybe a different rear end(in the future), winch maybe a must(if i go alone). Most off roading will be rocky river beds(which is like deep gravel roads) so i dont think i will have too many problems. I do have an possible dumb question for somebody out there, has anybody converted their 4x2 to a 4x4 and how challenging/expensive was it? I know a lot of people would agree on saving up money for a 4x4 would be better, but i just wanted to throw that question out there.

thanks for the welcomes

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy.

Dave