Properly replace calipers and bleed brakes....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a good write up on how to do this?

I will be replacing my front brake calipers and lines, so any tips or how to's on the brakes would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was trying to get alldata for you but no luck on a replacement how to...its pretty straight forward just make sure you have the new caliper ready to go so that as soon as you disconnect the banjo bolt from the old caliper you can reconnect the new one, less fluid loss/mess...to get your rotors off you will have to remove the caliper bracket as well...the front brakes on my 06 sport were easy to do just an extra set of hands would be helpful...especially if you dont have one of those hand operated brake bleeders

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you!

I know how to take off and replace the rotor, just not sure on the whole bleeding the brakes and adding new fluid process... since ive never done it before.

So i would need steps from once i removed the rotor and just have the caliper... How do i properly drain the fluid out of the old caliper, then removal of caliper. Then installing a new caliper and adding fluid.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you!

I know how to take off and replace the rotor, just not sure on the whole bleeding the brakes and adding new fluid process... since ive never done it before.

So i would need steps from once i removed the rotor and just have the caliper... How do i properly drain the fluid out of the old caliper, then removal of caliper. Then installing a new caliper and adding fluid.
You should really get a factory service manual before you do this, as it it will have step by step instructions and torque specs. Do you have one?

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i was planning on ordering one when i place my order for the calipers.

Now Do you mean like a chiltons repair manual? Or is there a better one out there for a reasonable price?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I like "Speed bleeders" they are bleeder screws that allow one person to bleed brakes,just keep a close eye on level in master cyl.

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like "Speed bleeders" they are bleeder screws that allow one person to bleed brakes,just keep a close eye on level in master cyl.

Whats that?!

I have never done anything with brakes besides changing out the pads and rotors....

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly....

Now im still looking for the proper way to rmove and replace a brake line and caliper. Also new fluid!

Any help would be great!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they were not so damn expensive..................

http://www.shopping.com/K-D-Tools-KD-Tools-KDT2222-Brake-Bleeder-Tank/info

best way to bleed brakes,fast and works better then anything out there on the market.

As far as replacing the calipers and lines just bolt up the new calipers with the caliper side of the brake lines already bolted on before un-duing the old brake lines.Just lay the old caliper with the brake line attached to the side.Less mess that way and less time with a open system,just make sure you bleed the brakes ASAP,more so if you have ABS as you do not want that air to travel to the ABS pump or master cylinder.Dealer time if the air gets to the ABS pump as the DRBIII(or StarScan) is needed to bleed that pump and yes most likely will have to have it towed there also.