Project: My crazy Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I look at it, the more I'm liking that switch-pro unit. Yea it's not cheap, but I don't need a crap load of relays to install and hide, it takes up a lot less space for 8 channels of control, does some programmable interesting things, wiring would be nearly all in the engine bay, and I can mount it in a lot of different places. If I did that, and after some switch re-orging, I'd be left with: plow power, winch control, reverse lights, and beacon. Beacon I could just re-task the old switches or I could break down and install two.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't checked their site out in a while but have you looked on OTRATTW's site , they did have some different switch mounts.
Can never remember the letters so always have to say it as I type it " Over The River And Through The Woods "

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. nice.

Driving the jeep just now, looking around for places to mount stuff. There's the gap defined by the windshield map light, and both sun visors. I think that's at least the right size. Just trying to decide if the buttons and legends would be visible from that spot. That would free up both spots on either side of the steering wheel (left side where the factory Renegade roof light switch would be) for switches.

btw... that OTRATTW is going to cost me a LOT of money, just sayin'. Custom text field???? I'm gonna die.

Last edited:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got my switches for the arb mounted on the side of the center console near the 4wd shifter and my bass knob/volt meter.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics?

Also OMFG they have an OFF/ON/ON(momentary) and an OFF/ON/ON switch! Former is perfect for the strobe I run when i'm plowing. Latter is perfect for hooking up extra rear lights that can either come on when in reverse or manually, from the same switch.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pics?

Also OMFG they have an OFF/ON/ON(momentary) and an OFF/ON/ON switch! Former is perfect for the strobe I run when i'm plowing. Latter is perfect for hooking up extra rear lights that can either come on when in reverse or manually, from the same switch.

Yes seen that after I posted and got on, great people to deal with

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hate you now :D

there's still things I like about the SP-8100 that are tempting. all the programmable button features (like any button can be momentary, flash, strobe, master on/off, etc.) that are tasty, but are they $500 tasty. It'd replace 7 switches at least so I guess you could deduct $108.50 from that $500 cost, but that's still a near $400 surcharge. I have to mull it over. some more.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a lot of broken images in this thread.
Who can help me fix it?
Can I get temporary edit permissions?

Latest posts

Members online