Programmers for 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longshotz

Reaction score
Looking to improve fuel economy so I am researching the programmer/chip route.
I think that the best info comes from the "ben there, dun that" types. So please advise on what are the pitfalls, the pluses and benefits, the unwanted surprises, what is BS and what are the facts.
Just so you all know I am not a computer geek by any stretch of the imagination; if I succeed in successfully turning the damn thing on that is an accomplishment for me; so if its takes any kind of computer "stuff", well that just ain't gonna work.
By the way and with all due respect please just keep to the nature of the post; I have considered the intake, exhaust, etc., etc.
Thanks people.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Gregg fellow BC/er..Are you lifted?
I have found that hypertech does make tuners for the 3.7 I hope you find these links useful.:)

1- http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/hypertech-power-programmer-installed-53837/
2-LOST JEEPS • View topic - hypertech tuner
With the price of fuel here and my rig lifted etc, I am lucky to get 15mpg on hwy lately.
I dont even want to know what it gets in town.
I am not sure if we can get a deal on the tuner here?
I might be willing to try also if we could get another 4mpg and better shift points.
I am currently running stock air box & muffler.
With skids /basket etc my jeep is up around 5100+ lbs with me and some gear/full tank.

Latest posts

Members online