Problems with the windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_bois

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with the electric windows?

I had problems with the drivers side rear window as well as both front windows. The 2 front windows would go down, but not up if the windows were put all the way down, and the drivers side rear window had the drive cable break twice.

theshoestore

Reaction score
I have an 06, and so far two windows have decided to give me crap. The drivers would go down, but started tilting forward when going up, and would get stuck. The dealer adjusted the regulator for that I believe. The rear left also broke, window wouldn't move at all. New regulator for that one.

I'm starting to find the windows aren't all that good, hopefully they will last a bit past warranty. :rolleyes:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been seeing quite a few posts about this issue over on the LOST board. I have an '03 and have not had any problems with the windows at all (except for the noise they make when the tracks get dusty from all the dirt roads I drive). It would be interesting to take a set from an earlier model and compare it to a newer one to see if they changed anything.

indianrefining

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, my '07 has had to have the track for the driver's door window lubed and the regulator in the driver's side rear door replaced.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, mine work but they are SLOW. If thats normal, then awesome. If not, at least they open and close I guess...

Sherman

Reaction score
Got my wife an '06 liberty (16.5k miles)on 2/1/08.

Well on 2/26/08 the first time she used the rear drivers side window (on accident also), it rolled half way down, but wouldn't roll back up.

It just made a faint growning sound. But I could move the window up and down with my hand.

I took the door apart and ziptied the slide so it would just fall down.

I've got another 6 months or so under warranty. So I figure that if another goes out in the mean time, I can save a trip and get them both fixed.

Other than that. I really like the Liberty. So far...