Problems with RR INSANE uca ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of Rocky Road's INSANE upper control arms because most of the other options available stink. Anybody out there have any problems with them?

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they've been out long enough or enough people have them for there to be any reports. Nosnorb over on LOSTordered them and was going to do a review, but was unable to fit them as he didn't have all the tools he needed - it's on hold until he can buy the extra stuff he needs.

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they've been out long enough or enough people have them for there to be any reports. Nosnorb over on LOSTordered them and was going to do a review, but was unable to fit them as he didn't have all the tools he needed - it's on hold until he can buy the extra stuff he needs.

What tools are needed? They look rather simple to instal

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It's very tricky to get to the bolts/nuts at the back on the passenger side; you need extensions and flexi joints that he didn't have. Here's the link
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44954

WRONG!!!
Right side ( Passenger) is very easy , takes just a few minutes, can reach right down to them , the left side ( drivers) rear bolt is sort of hard but takes maybe 10 minutes at most, have to have extensions and swivels to get back into it from the front. It helps to have another set of hands to install but still I did mine ( used the BETTER JBA's ) in under 40 minutes by myself. Its good when people try to do things theirselves but putting out misinformation is bad!:rolleyes:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tools wpn't be a problem. About 20 years ago I did an automotive technician apprenticeship. Never did get licenced. In my second work term the shop foreman at GM handed a list of tools to buy and after I bought about 5K in tools, he told me how much I was getting paid. I quickly joined the military, they provide all the tools!!! So, I've got a roller cabinet full in the garage. I'm really looking forward to sticking the new UCAs in. My front end is all worn out. Living in northern Canada kinda limits whats available to me so I went with the Rocky Road gear. I'll post pics of the install and a review of the process after the jobs done.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
WRONG!!!
Right side ( Passenger) is very easy , takes just a few minutes, can reach right down to them , the left side ( drivers) rear bolt is sort of hard but takes maybe 10 minutes at most, have to have extensions and swivels to get back into it from the front. It helps to have another set of hands to install but still I did mine ( used the BETTER JBA's ) in under 40 minutes by myself. Its good when people try to do things theirselves but putting out misinformation is bad!:rolleyes:

Hey,Tom,wonder if Lancer,being from england,pass.side is left.You know bassackwards.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, when you drive on the CORRECT side of the road, passenger side is on the left of the vehicle:D

lynxer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha that makes sense he is from england. You Blokes are F'ed up.

haha Just Kidding with you!

Thanks guys I look forward to getting mine!