problem with off roading with EPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zevozki

Reaction score
problem with off roading with ESP

hi dears
I have this really anoying problem and i searched the internet without effective solution,
I have jeep cherokee 09 with AT trany. many times when i went off road my car sink in sands. I shifted to 4W Auto and I disable ESP system by short click (partial), but still the pop light of traction occures. then I tried to fully disable EPS system by long press until I got ESP OFF messege, still the tracion light popup and my car loss performance then sink in sands :(

can you tel me why ESP still ON while I permenetly disabled it!!!!!
I dont want to use 4W Low while sand bashing because it will damage in long trip. please help me to fix this problem and let me enjoy my off-road trips

Last edited:

zevozki

Reaction score
how would using 4LO damage it in the sand.. ?

speeding while using 4Low damaged many of my friends jeep's
its also mentioned in the user manual.

do you have any soultion to my ESP problem?

Last edited:

Midgear

Reaction score
ok.. so you're actually attempting to haul ass over long stretches of sand- which means 4LO isn't doing you any good. I see what you're getting at.

zevozki

Reaction score
zevozki, we're trying to find out WHY you can't use low range. If you'd rather we didn't, then we'll stop.

i can use it but i dont prefer it since it can be done with 4W Auto if this ESP crap is completly off :mad: . My friend has FJ cruser and he was facing the same problem but he is now enjoying driving 4W High with ESP fuse disconnected under the hood. I want to use 4W Auto without ESP

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
i can use it but i dont prefer it since it can be done with 4W Auto if this EPS crap is completly off :mad: . My friend has FJ cruser and he was facing the same problem but he is now enjoying driving 4W High with EPS fuse disconnected under the hood. I want to use 4W Auto without EPS

So pull the ABS fuse and call it a day

Midgear

Reaction score
Jeepjeepster on L.O.S.T. KJ's said:
Pressing and holding the ESP button for 5sec(or something like that) will turn ESP off but leave traction control partially on. If you just press it then it retards it some. To turn it totally off just pull the ABS fuse.. No biggie.

I think its the same in 4low but Im not sure..

also.. pull your fuse panels / lids / boxes open and there should be a list of the fuses in said panel / box-- find it and pluck it out.

Midgear

Reaction score
opening your fuse boxes, you should see a white sticker or diagram of what fuses are where on the reverse side of the lid / panel.. you may have more than one fuse box and/or panel.

zevozki

Reaction score
also.. pull your fuse panels / lids / boxes open and there should be a list of the fuses in said panel / box-- find it and pluck it out.

you are reading my mind :D

also I noticed after pluging back the fuse you have to clear the ABS ESP flashees manualy :confused: i couldnt understand how to do this

Members online