Problem with my EVIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

resipsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have identified a small problem with the EVIC I installed on Sunday--it's not saving all the settings I select in Menu, such as "Unlock on Exit" and "Autolock Doors." I set both menu items to YES yesterday, but they both reverted back to NO overnight. It seems to save all other settings, and remembers things like Time Elapsed and Distance to Service. Could the unit be defective?

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the 2 power wires are connected properly. The Pink one and the Blue/White one.

Pink should be going to the data connector to the pink one there.

Blue/White should be going to a switched power source.

Just verify that they are connected well. Especially the pink one.

Pink is the always-on power source. So if it's not saving the settings, that might be why.

Also, I know it's silly, but make sure you are setting them correctly. Use Menu to get to the option. Use step to change it's value, then use menu to move to the next option.

Once you get out of the menu options, step through a few function or use the C/T button then go back into menu and make sure they are saved.

resipsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Craig. I'll check the power connections and then post again. And I have double-checked to make sure I'm setting things correctly. I start the Jeep, make the changes, drive to my destination, and then check them before I exit to confirm they're still set. When I get back to the vehicle, they're defaulted back to the factory settings.

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My EVIC sometimes resets back to "Metric" units instead of "English". Seems to happen when it's really cold outside. It still retains all the info, but displays it in metric!? It only takes a few seconds to change it back to English, but it's kinda annoying. Any ideas?

mjash

Reaction score
I have recently installed an evic in my 03 and it will not save settings correctly either. Sometimes it will last a day at most. I checked all the wiring and all is good. I have constant 12vdc to pink and blue is correct also. Grounds are good. Has anyone found a solution to this.

Thanks,
Mark

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed an EVIC from an 01 WK. I will look and see what mine does. But could it be that it does remember your settings but you think it doesn't because it asks you the same quesions again when you go into setup?

mjash

Reaction score
I just installed an EVIC from an 01 WK. I will look and see what mine does. But could it be that it does remember your settings but you think it doesn't because it asks you the same quesions again when you go into setup?

No...It's not saving settings because the setting that you put in will stop functioning.

UTRacerX9

Reaction score
Can't help you guys with the settings, mine do stay saved, I have a 2003 evic with homelink. However, I have noticed one bug... if the car is running, and I open the tailgate, when I close the rear window, the EVIC keeps displaying the message that tailgate is open. I've gone back and opened and reshut it, to no avail. It's annoying because I lose all function with the evic, it will only display that message.

When I turn the car off though and turn it back on, it's fine. Has this happened to anyone else?

mjash

Reaction score
Yes...Same thing happens to me with rear doors if I have one open, start the jeep and then close the door. I have not tried the lift gate yet.

There has to be a EVIC or BCM software upgrade to fix this. I have a 2003 vehicle and a 2003 EVIC.

Does anyone know how to "Flash" either of these modules?

Mark

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't help you guys with the settings, mine do stay saved, I have a 2003 evic with homelink. However, I have noticed one bug... if the car is running, and I open the tailgate, when I close the rear window, the EVIC keeps displaying the message that tailgate is open. I've gone back and opened and reshut it, to no avail. It's annoying because I lose all function with the evic, it will only display that message.

When I turn the car off though and turn it back on, it's fine. Has this happened to anyone else?

I had the exact same thing happen to me, wouldn't go away till I shut down and restarted.
I also loose the setting for open all doors, it reverts back to open drivers door 1st after about one day. It remembers al the other settings, and I know it has constant power because the display lights up if I press the homelink buttons with the ignition off.

mjash

Reaction score
I had the blue wire coming off the EVIC going to F20. I switched it to F6 and all my problems are solved. Let me know if this helps anyone else out. Everything has been working properly for 1 week now.

Mark

ColbyCo

Reaction score
I know this is a super old thread but THANK YOU mjash switching the blue wire to fuse 6 (BCM/ locks) seems to have fixed the issue completely, It appears that the literature might be wrong since Fuse 6 is an always-on circuit but for some reason, it's working now and all settings are keeping.