Pressure Washer Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need something to clean the heavy dirt off the CRD as well as travel trailer, house, concret, farm equipment. Need some advice.

I am thinking 2500 PSI and am looking at the HD Husky with the Honda motor and a similar Coleman. I note that the Coleman has multiple tips that screw in and the Husky has one ajustable. Which is the better solution?

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as you stay far enough away from the paint, the 2500 psi would be fine. I am not sure where you are located, and how your water is there, but if your water has a high content of minerals and that sort of thing the adjustable tip might tend to clog/gunk up a bit and need cleaned. If you have hard water with a lot of iron, you may want to go with the changeable tip one just to prevent possible problems when trying to adjust from one water spray to something just slightly different. As for the pressure washers, but buddy has the husky and it has given him no problems what so ever. I rented a coleman 2500 psi one, which might be similar to pressure wash my deck and I didnt have any problems with that either. honda engines are bulletproof, so you may want to go husky? I would say they are the same, so price would probably be the factor. Good luck.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I have the Husky 1750psi electric one from HD and it works great for blasting the heavy dirt off the Jeep, patio furniture, siding on the house, driveway, back patio...you name it. Very easy to use and it was relatively cheap too.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was thinking the seperate nozzles might get lost and figured that would not be as big an issue on the adjustable ones. Also liked the fact that the Husky had the Honda motor and local parts availability.

jeepkj02, the pressure is adjustable from 1600 or 1800up to 2500 PSI. I wans'tthinking of hitting the jeep paint with 2500 or even washing it with the pressure washer, but perhaps sometimes knocking real heavy stuff off the underside. Mostly I need it to clean up the travel trailer, deck, house siding (metal) and farm equipment.

tgh117, I do have both hard water and iron but the iron is more of a hotwater problem for me and I figure that the adjustable one will stay ok if I maintain it. I also can get local parts replacement and if they are cheap enough I may just buy an extra tip or two so I can find one 5 years from now when they are obsolete like the blade guard on my DeWalt mitre box! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. now you will have to go get that jeep dirty, so you will have something to try your new pressure washer out on! \:D/

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, I bought this one. It's electric, 1750 psi. So far I like it. It does have two different heads (one that is adjustable), and works well. So far I've stripped off some paint on my house testing it out! I didn't want the hassle of a gas motor to maintain, and just for occasional use on the house and Jeeps. It can remove concrete too off the driveway if I'm not careful.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=68901-1637-1636121&lpage=none

You must be registered for see images attach

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The Troy Built looks suspciously like the Husky. It may be a privat label. The Husky was 299 though and I don't need the extra 100 lbs. The electric one would probably do me best in 5-10 years when I scale down. I had thought about it but there will be times when I will have water but no AC. It think the GPM on that one is lower too which is a consideration on a larger job.

Actually I guess I might have been looking at this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...ID=ccdjaddigfeglelcgelceffdfgidgmm.0&MID=9876

I had looked at the compact Husky 2200 but the fellow told me they couldn't get parts for the Husky's so they were droping them.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did it. Spent more than I planned but it is a once in a life purchase (particularly at my age). I went for the Excell 2600 PSI. This one:

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/028877554259_4.jpg

What sold me was the pneumatic tires, four nozzles on the turret head and the Honda motor.

I will let you know what I think when I power it up Sunday AM to blast the John Deere, the bale wagon, the Travel Trailer and the House. I have a problem with some of these things growing lichen and I am hoping it blows it off.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So long as its got that Honda engine it it you are deffinetly set for life. Nice purchase.
How much did it end up costing?

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
399 plus our very high sales tax! There was well more than $100 difference between it and the next model down that I had been looking at. Seemed like a better overall value than the Troy Built or Coleman.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! Pictures to follow later today. Makes me grin almost as much as driving the CRD! Tractor cleanest in years!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HEY! Take it easy on the Troy Builts!! Mine works just as good im sure. It has that handy little thing to roll the hose up on, 4 ends and a honda engine. =;

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
HEY! Take it easy on the Troy Builts!! Mine works just as good im sure. It has that handy little thing to roll the hose up on, 4 ends and a honda engine. =;

Yabbut that is the really expensive Troy Built not the cheap one with the Briggs that I was looking at [-X

If you go here you will see some comparison photos:
http://cowcatcher.googlepages.com/photoalbum

The top ones are the washer and the turret head which I really like. You release the trigger so you aren't spraying and push the big red button. Others that I looked at had seperate tips stored on the handle which I was afraid would not be as handy or might get lost or damaged. The head pops out and you turn it to the nozzle you want to select 1) 40 degree, 2) 15 degree, 3) 0 degree, 4) soft spray for soaping. Then you push it in to lock and go on your way.

Second row is vinyl siding with lichen. Really hard to get off and it took this baby 0 degrees close up but it did it, then the soap setting to wash off all the flakes.

Third row is the injector pump area on the tractor. Fourth is the 3 point and hydraulic remote area. Fifth is the push off feet return spring on the bale wagon. Took the lichen off hard metal a lot easier than on the siding.

The unit is not too heavy, even a weakling like me was able to lift it in and out of the back of the Libby with the easy to fold handle folded. It does seem to use a lot more fuel than the CRD but then I won't be driving it every day.

Overall very happy with the purchase. Now I need to use it!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just poking fun, no biggie. O:)

How do you make it roll? Pull it back like you would a dolly? Or does the handle move to the other side so you just pick it up and push it?

It looks like we have the exact same engine and maybe pump. I do like that head although its alittle big and the foldable handle is nice also. Becareful with that 0 degree head, it can shoot water right under your skin if you get in the way and do some bad damage. :-s

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, looks like a good choice! Nice photos too...

I got to use mine again on Saturday on my Jeeps. It's so much nicer then just using a hose... (biggrin)

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew you were kidding \:D/ ! It rolls just like a hand truck. Doesn't the T Built too? I know about the 0 degree stuff. They don't suggest it for wood either unless you are into heavy duty wood carving. I was amazed though that only the 0 would get the lichen off the plastic siding and even then only when I was up close. If I had gotten the 2500 PSI it only had 15 and 40 degree settings so it would not have done that job.

Thanks Grogie. Not sure that I will use mine too much on the Jeep unless I get really muddied up underneath or hit it from 10' away.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
No, my handle is pointing the other way. I just pick up the back and push it forward.

Look at that pic again and you will see what Im talking about.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=42133-348-020241&lpage=none

It sure cleaned that thing up did it!

Yup, that is just the way mine works. Does yours have a soap/chem injector? My Lowe's didn't have this model. It looks very somilar to mine and $11 cheaper. I do like the turret head though as it only takes seconds to change from one pattern to the next without walking back to the sprayer.

I can't emphasize how hard that lichen was to get off the siding. The 15 degree 2500 PSI would not have done it.

Latest posts

Members online