Premium Speakers or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kman

Reaction score
I bought a used Jeep Liberty a few months back and it appears that one of my front door speakers has gone south. It gives off a pretty bad buzzing sound with even a little bit of volume. My question is two fold. Is there a way to tell if you have the premium speaker system with the amps built in without pulling off the door panels or do I have to pull the speakers to see if the amps are there? Second, on another post for in this forum I read that the premium front speakers are 2ohm and that if you replace them with aftermarkets they will not be as loud? Is this true? I want to buy a component set and install new front door speakers and tweeters but I don't want to have to replace the head unit yet or add an amp. Maybe in the future I will add these but the budget only has room for the speakers right now.

Keith

dnm45227

Reaction score
You can go to jeep.com and request a build sheet for you kj. They e-mailed mine to me the next day. That will tell you if you have the premium speakers and a bunch of other good stuff. It will also put you on the mailing list for re-calls.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep.com

I couldn't find where to request a build sheet. Could you give specific details on where to find a link?