Preject Red Dawn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ish_master

Reaction score
:happy175:
I'm trying my hardest to empty my pockets! Haha!

Hmm... I hadn't figured in the lost beer drinking time... :drink_nl:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
:happy175:
I'm trying my hardest to empty my pockets! Haha!

Hmm... I hadn't figured in the lost beer drinking time... :drink_nl:

I've got an 05 Limited same color as yours, its the next build after I finish doing a few more things to the 03

ish_master

Reaction score
I've got an 05 Limited same color as yours, its the next build after I finish doing a few more things to the 03

Tom,

Aside from the chrome trim, I really do like the color. This past weekend I decided to put a little extra elbow grease into her, and bought a clay bar and some wax; what a difference both of those make. I found a few spots of rust beginning under the paint (bottom of front passenger door and around the third brake light), so I'm thinking about bringing it into the body shop to see what my options are as I'm hoping to keep her for another 130k miles.

-Shua

ish_master

Reaction score
So an update to the Jeep...

Firstly, I put the new prop shaft in, and what do you know, it wasn't the TC. Thank goodness for second opinions and a little hard work spent doing stuff myself.

Next I replaced the tie-rod ends as my left side had some play in it. I went with the Moog replacements, and I'm quite impressed with the difference. I had no idea that things up front wouldn't go "clunk" as much. Ha! My only gripe goes to Jeep for them not providing a flat surface on the rod for a tool to grip...

Then comes one of my favorite things I have ever found out about my Jeep. Somewhere on here (and I don't remember where I read it first), I found out that the LTD Liberty come with one wiring harness for the side mirrors. The only difference is which mirrors are plugged in. Living in Alaska, heated mirrors are not just a pleasantry, they're a necessity. Upon opening up my door panel I was please to find that I, too, had the seven-pin wiring harness, and promptly ordered up some fancy, heated mirrors. I went with the OMIX-ADA heated mirrors from RockAuto, and I am pleased thus far. The quality seems as good as the factory ones, and this morning we had our first frost. I am happy to report sufficiently defrosted side mirrors. (PS, this is how I know I'm getting older. Ten years ago I was this excited about new sub woofers. HA!)

Next was this past weekend's adventure - replacing the rear axel shaft bearings and seals. I figured I would do both sides since I was in there. This was my first time opening up the pumpkin and pulling the axel shafts. Needless to say, what an easy job. I certainly couldn't have done it without the endless research I was able to do on this forum. I was one of the lucky ones who did not have a sheered differential crosspin bolt. I was very excited about that. My only blunder with this job was that I put the crosspin back in before reinstalling the axel shafts. That problem was quickly realized and remedied however. I used a LubeLocker gasket for this job just as I used one for my transmission pan, and I am happy to report there are no drips from either component.

That all said... Today I ordered my front 927 OME springs from JeepinByAl. Only a few components left to purchase before my lift build commences... I am very excited.

-Shua

Latest posts

Members online