Power windows timer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my '06 does that already. I think the gotcha is opening the door though, once you open the door yopu need to put the key back in th ignition.

EugeneTheJeep

Reaction score
I think all libbys have this feature, power is suposed to stay on for three mins after the ignition is turned off as long as the doors are not opened.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if my 06 did it and it does. I'm just happy it doesn't keep the stereo on like my girl's S-10... that freaks me out making me think the engine's still running.

cherokee_renegade06

Reaction score
well that sux then. mine doesn't & I just spoke to the dealer where I got mine & he said that it doesn't come with any timer or door switch. Is there a relay timer that I can buy & install to do this?

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get in the Jeep, shut the door, start the engine then shut off the ignition and before opening any door try the window switches, I treid mine with just the key on/key off without starting and it did not work, but works if started and shut off

Bob

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have an international model. Perhaps that feature is not legal where you live. I would think it has something to do with programing though not a missing relay. Maybe we need to know what country you bought it in. It is and '06 Cherokee Renegade right.

cherokee_renegade06

Reaction score
Yeah, it's an '06 Cherokee Renegade. It's not illegal here in Australia coz all the other cars here with power windows have a delay function. Is it just a matter of installing a timer relay in?

cherokee_renegade06

Reaction score
thanks for that. can someone plz tell me where the the power window relays are located.
or even better than jumping it, can i just buy a relay with a timer and replace it. if so, can someone tell me where i can buy them from?

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 04 has the delay just as long as you dont open the door

buy the way

you logged on to www.ausjeepoffroad.com you should check it out there is a link to the sunshine coast jeep club there and they are a great bunch of peoples

fouros