Power Seat Swap Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianharps

Reaction score
I just picked up an '05 Liberty Sport last week and its already begging for the first mod. I bought the car but after driving it for a week I find that the standard seats lack of tilt adjustability make them somewhat uncomfortable for me and nearly unusable for my wife (shes only 5'0'' and can barely reach the pedals!).

I searched this site and found the 'how to' on installing Leather and Power seats, but my question is slightly different. My wife hates leather (its too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter), but we both agree we need the power seats. So I guess I have two questions: 1) Did Jeep make the power seats available in cloth? (If so does anyone know how much $ I can get a set?) 2) Is there a way that I can just take the power track off the leather seats and attach it to my existing cloth seats? Or how hard is it to actually switch the materials, just uncover the leather and replace with my existing cloth.

Has anyone else done this swap?

Thanks!

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they made them in cloth... They were available as an option on the Sport and are standard on the Limited. Leather was part of the G Group for Limiteds with an option for heating elements. The only advantage to buying leather and reupholstering it would be if you were really that willing to pay more for the heating elements, because heated leather seats go for 200 each up front, and around 200 for the back row. Plus shipping/freight unless you find them somewhat local.

Now as far as availability, I should know...I have a set of 06 Limiteds listed in the For Sale forum.