Power Mirrors....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had any problems with their power mirrors?

The fuse is good on my KJ, but the mirrors move just a little when trying to adjust them. I suspect maybe a bad switch or crude inside the motors.

I got the garden hose out and set it for a strong steady stream and shot the inside of the housing out. No change. There is a little initial movement, then nothing. Both mirrors are doing it.

I didn't see an easy way to remove the mirror from the housing to clean it out better. Any suggestions???

Thanks for any inputs....

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like its in the wiring or switch if its both.
x2, if both are exhibiting the same condition then possibly the inside switch is bad. Might want to see about removing it and check to see if there are any loose connections or something else going wrong with it.

Oh and if a mod sees this maybe move it to the KJ general discussion section.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oppps... sorry for the wrong forum. :eek:

Pulled the door panel off this afternoon. The switch is getting power. I'm still having a hard time with both mirrors going bad at the same time.

KKDude08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the switch and go from there. Switch is also the only moving part both mirrors have in common, most likely thing to malfunction.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My passenger side mirror will jiggle just a little sometimes when I am on a bumpy or dirt road. (just the mirror itself) But the power adjustment works fine. I am the only driver so I don't play with it a lot. Sounds like yours is a different problem though.

If you had the door panel off and everything seems ok, then mayby it is the mountings of the mirror to the inside of the housing (or the motor) which you can't see. If you still got 3/36 on it I guess you could get the dealer to replace them. Most likely, the mirror and housing come as one unit and you can't seperate them and get it put back together.

Sorry, I am not much help.

Dave

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the switch and go from there. Switch is also the only moving part both mirrors have in common, most likely thing to malfunction.

That's what I thought too. Tested the switch yesterday and it's getting power....

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZKJ, did you resolve this issue? Mine just started doing the same thing, haven't done any testing yet but there is a section in the FSM about how to troubleshoot them.

Just wondering how you resolved the problem!

Thanks