Power Mirrors stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my power mirrors stopped working. both sides. I suspect there is a fuse involved, but every fuse test good.

So where is the fuse for the power mirrors supposed to be?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My mirrors lately have been somewhat intermittent, so I sometimes wonder if the switch itself may be out to lunch.

Here is a way to test the voltage to see if it is working through the body harness to switch.
See 06 factory Service manual. http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2006-KJ-SM.pdf

You have to remove the power mirror switch I believe section 8 describes removal etc.
Then Disconnect the wires/connector from back of power mirror switch.

Next then switch ignition to the run position...
Connect a 12 volt test light, to Pin # 5 in the harness connector at mirror switch.

Touch the test light probe to pin #3.
Hopefully then the test light illuminates, proving that the wiring circuit between the battery and switch are fine.

By chance if the lamp doesn't light up, then check the fuse 25 which is located in the junction block.
If the junction block fuse is good, then it is time to start looking for potentially a wire with poor continuity/broken.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine has been intermittent I got it. but I don't change mirrors much so I never bothers with it. But in new house I back into driveway and I need to be right on the edge so I need to turn mirror down to see.

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh well, they started working again. Noticed they were working again just before I discovered the water pump failed :(

Palozo

Reaction score
Mine stopped working almost a year ago. Today I decided to check the problem. The electric mirror control is broken. The rearview engines are working well. Watch my video on you tube to find out how I did the mirror engine test. It is in Portuguese but it is not difficult to understand the procedure.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you translate what is being said in the video to English please...?

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve found that they start sticking if not used regularly and some manual adjustment with using the switch tends to loosen things up