Powdercoat!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a powder coat facility approx 40 miles from my location that's individually owned (great guy, more on him later). They work for both circle track and drag car builders in the area, as well as "Bad Boy Mowers" a local based lawn mower manufacturer. Mid summer I had them black crinkle finish the 20" factory wheels on my Silverado SS. $35.00 per wheel and they turned out fabulous.

Wednesday I took my home built roof rack, skid/step rails, and rear bumper for the same finish. 16 deg. That morning and "Tadpole" the business owner had me back up at the rear of the sandblast shed to unload. My Silverado has a vinyl tonneau cover which I'd carefully tucked all this stuff under (because I didn't want to attempt rolling it up in the cold). As me and one of Tadpoles employees were unloading, Tadpole came out to help. He grabbed the bumper, yanked, and RIPPED A 6" SLICE IN MY COVER!!!! It's old, a bit frayed, and stiff/shrunk till it's a ***** to get on and off, but I wasn't quite ready to replace it just yet. Tadpole, his employee, and I just stood there dumbfounded! After several seconds he says; "Boys I've just filled my ration of £u€k up, I'm going back inside". I couldn't help but laugh at him. When I went in to give my name and number I told him not to sweat it, we'd figure out something when I picked up my stuff. They called Friday afternoon that it was ready for pickup. We'll see what he comes up with for a price to cover his screw up when I go later this week to pick it up.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give ol' Tadpole a break!

Hell of a nice guy. I intend to.

My tonneau has been discontinued, but the cover's still available as a replacement for $100.00. If he offers to help out, fine. If he doesn't, fine also. I should have rolled it up before putting sharp edged materials that close to it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd give him a break, doesn't sound like it's worth being bitter for $100. Plus now you pretty much have a built in discount there for life as long as tad pole is there, will probably add up to more than $100.