Post Offroad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been asked before, but what is the procedure for cleaning the KJ after going offroading? For example snow, mud, dust?

Would I have to clean by hand or would a car wash suffice (stupid question)?

Thanks

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually just do a typical wash. The only difference is I spend more time underneath with a hose cleaning all the mud and stuff off.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
I usually just do a typical wash. The only difference is I spend more time underneath with a hose cleaning all the mud and stuff off.

Problem is, no hose... Won't be able to get a hose to it either...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ENBr said:
desertkj said:

Do you have any do it yourself car washes around? You could just focus on using the pressure washer underneath.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
ENBr said:
desertkj said:

Do you have any do it yourself car washes around? You could just focus on using the pressure washer underneath.

Good point, think there's a couple somewhere... Thanks for the advice!

You do it immediately, or couple of days? Nice to have some mud over it for a bit \:D/ (Mudpack!)

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do it imdiately once the mud around me becomes hard its like concrete and nearly imposible to get off.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I like it muddy, I wash it quick to prevent damage to the clearcoat.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate mud, but when I do get it on there I spray it off as soon as possible. I can never get it all of at the car wash.. Ive got a 2450psi pressure washer at home that does a really nice job. Those DIY carwashes just do not have enough pressure.. :-s And I use way to many quarters..

I also spray some silicone spray on the cvboots and all the bushings.. Helps to keep mud off of them.. I can grease my lower ball joints too.. Although one of my fittings broke off last night.. Gotta figure out a way to get the threads out and put a new one in.. [-o<

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've been into some serious mud, the front skid plate acts like a scoop and compacts the mud under the engine. Unbolt the skid (take the 2 fronts out and loosen the 2 rear bolts and slide the plate forward) and knock the debris out from under there too. If you don't you could get over heating problems. Last time I went offroading in my Jeep I brought home half the countryside!

Ian

rxraptor02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with wash it as soon as possible. even if you can't get all of it. It will take forever to blast away dry/baked mud.