Possible water infiltration.....causing electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TopShapeCabby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3 electrical problems which according to my dealer is all related.

-Frt Wipers & Rear Wiper don't work all the time
-Fuel Gauge shows either Empty or Full
-Backup Lights don't work (Fuse is OK & Bulbs are OK)

The dealer just called and told me that there is water on the drivers side floor pan and that there is probably corrosion in the wires/connections.

I don't think it's caused by melted snow cause I have Husky Mats and I leave a rag in them to soak up the water....

Questions...

-Any lead on where this water is coming from?
-Anybody else have this problem?
-Any other info?

I will be looking for this myself cause the dealer wants to charge me 4-5 hours (at 93$/ hour) to look into it...

Thanks,

Pat

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a large rubber grommet where a large bundle of wires run through the firewall,It's location is under the brake & clutch cylinder and very tough to get back on if someone popped if off.

The shop who installed my alarm system ran some wires through this grommet and didn't re-install it properly so I had water and air passing thru the firewall.

I couldnt get it back on either so I filled the hole with silicone instead,It may be this but who knows..