Possible MFS issue with additional symptoms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, for the first few minutes after turning on my Jeep, sometimes operating anything on the MFS will cause the dome lights to come on briefly.

Doing some research, there was a TSB on it years ago, replace the switch, etc. Well, my only issue is that I haven't had all the same symptoms. Only the dome lights come on - they don't flicker (like others report) and the dash lighting and radio don't change either.

Just today, I opened the rear windows (center console switches if they ever changed them in later models) and THAT caused the domes to come on briefly as well.

I'm beginning to believe it's a completely different animal, unless somehow the window motor switches are routed through the steering column?

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sometimes while driving after using the turn signal, the dome lights will come on and then go back off, this is not very frequent.
do you have the TSB number? or a link?

Flak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ghosts in the overhead console? - JeepForum.com

It's listed here but the referenced TSB is gone now, not sure which one it is and haven't found the original yet. Found a couple of other sites/posts with similar symptoms but it seems to be more than just the dome lights or coming on for a half second.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Try this...if all of the dome lights are coming on.
The rear dome light you can push in to turn it on/off.
So first of all turn your MFS to turn off all of your dome lights, then pop the rear glass only.
With gate closed glass open, Push the rear dome light in and then push again to turn off.
Open the gate now & close it.
Close the window gate glass.
Now use the MFS to turn ON all the interior lights, then back a couple of notches, then with all doors & glass closed hit the FOB lock/unlock and see if that makes a difference.
The BCM is not the brightest kid on the block & problems with the dome lights are either the MFS or something associated to the rear dome light/gate mechanism.
I have had the MFS all the way off for the interior lights... came back 20 minutes later and all the interior lights were all on... until I hit the FOB lock !!
It's generally was associated to the use of the rear dome light.
50984[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• JeepLibertyGhostLight.jpg
    JeepLibertyGhostLight.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 0