Please Help-Code P2308

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coastgardsman

Reaction score
Ok my jeep has been a pain in the azz lately. Now i get that p2308 code. they say its #3 ignition coil something. Im just about now ready to go insane. can any one help? it runs fine after its warmed up but crappy when u first start it:stars feeling like its starving for gas

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it still under warranty? From the looks of your pic, you have an 05+
It's all the dealership problem now. Make them pay. It's your right as a consumer. Just remember, these vehicles are made mostly by people, with thousands of parts,
#$%^ somtimes happens. Sorry to hear about the problems.

2003KJ

Reaction score
You're getting a code of 2308? I didn't realize they went up that high.

You might could try switching the coil pack on cylinder number 3 with one of another cylinder on that side of the engine, and see if the problem moves with it. If it does, that tells you its the coil pack thats gone south, if not, well I think you know the answer.

BTW, how many miles do you have on your KJ. And it is an 05 correct?

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With only a grand past, I would think you could have some working room there, if you start complaining right now, and I mean really complaining.
Take it to a 5 star dealer, point out that these items shouldn't break down at just past the warranty, make claims of fraud, and faulty workmanship, even going so far as saying that the dealership and mechanics put on faulty parts, make a stink in the showroom, and they'll give you whatever you want.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I just went and looked up the code on my OBD-II scanner and the code P2308 stands for Ignition Coil C Secondary Circuit.

Sounds like you might need to replace the main ignition coil.

coastgardsman

Reaction score
I finally figured it out, thanks for all the info guys. Ended up being the coil having moisture in the boot. I took number 3 out and just cleaned it up. Works like a charm now....

sprsonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the code may come back on. chrysler has a pcm update/flash for that repair, p2308. tsb 18-008-05