Pictures of my first Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renegade363

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2005 Liberty Renegade

You must be registered for see images

palla

Reaction score
A lovely specimen, I have to ask the question to you guys in the states, where are your front number plates? Or is there no requirement to have them on the front. In Aus we have them on the front bumper & on a little swing out douva lacky thing that goes over the spare wheel, instead of being recessed in the rear bumper.

palla

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
palla said:
A lovely specimen, I have to ask the question to you guys in the states, where are your front number plates? Or is there no requirement to have them on the front. In Aus we have them on the front bumper & on a little swing out douva lacky thing that goes over the spare wheel, instead of being recessed in the rear bumper.

palla

some states have front plates, some dont....

in my state NY, we are required to have front plates

welcome aboard rennie363
nice KJ

Renegade363

Full Access Member
Reaction score
palla said:

palla

Here in Michigan we don't need front plates

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In MA it's a weird requirement. If you have a green plate, you only need one plate, but if you have a red plate, you need both. Only red plates are being sold now, so all new cars need both.

I think I heard before that the reasoning behind it was that the green plates were originally sold as a lifetime purchase, so you never need another one. When they decided to change the rules and plate color, the people who had the green ones were grandfathered in.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Se7enLC said:
In MA it's a weird requirement. If you have a green plate, you only need one plate, but if you have a red plate, you need both. Only red plates are being sold now, so all new cars need both.

That's a bummer. No front bug catching plate here in IN. =D>

2003KJ

Reaction score
No Front Plate here in NC either. So I got this:

palla

Reaction score
In Aus, thats how they bust us for speeding, they photogragh the front of the car with number plate & driver. Then you get letter in the mail. [-X

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
palla said:
In Aus, thats how they bust us for speeding, they photogragh the front of the car with number plate & driver. Then you get letter in the mail. [-X

In ny, we only got red light camera's, which get you from the back.

seriously, i dont get why we need front plates here in NY

palla

Reaction score
I dont want to hijack the thread but dont you guys get soeeding fines over there? Our governmant departments use it as a revenue resourse. They depend on that extra income its huge. Man I need to migrate to the US.

We get busted for as little as 5km/h over

Palla

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice-looking KJ Renegade; it's identical to mine. O:) But for some reason it looks so...naked. It's probably because I have side air deflectors, light bar, and tail lamp guards. I never realized how much of a difference those little things make.

I wish front plates weren't required here. They don't even fit U.S. cars...we have to get them trimmed.

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe me palla, the cops here give out speeding fines...especially near the end of the month. Its to get their "quota" of tickets written up. I think they have contests to see who can write the most in the shortest amount of time. LOL. If you ask a cop about the quotas..he'll deny any such thing. :-$

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
they do have quotas....but they need it so it shows that they are doing something (my friend get's chewed up sometimes for not having enough from time to time, but it's they're own fault, they assign him to places where giving out one is next to nil). as far as speeding goes, it depends on the time of the year. as what thx said, end of the month or what not is a good time to get one, as well as holiday's when there's a lot of ppl traveling. normally tho they wont bother you if your just "going" with the "flow" which is usually almost always 10 mp/h over

Renegade363

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eddiev9 said:
Very nice-looking KJ Renegade; it's identical to mine. O:) But for some reason it looks so...naked. It's probably because I have side air deflectors, light bar, and tail lamp guards. I never realized how much of a difference those little things make.

Yes thoes things do make a big difference. I hope to be adding stuff in the near future.

palla

Reaction score
10M/h over!!! that 16km/k. We would get crucified for that in Aus. The licence would be gone in no time at all. we are over governed over here, the government tries to protect us from ourselves too often. #-o

Ill stop now.

Palla

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around Indianapolis, the interstate is jokingly 55 mph. No one does that. The average speed I'd say is 70 mph.

I recall a study in Colorado showing that when the state raised the speed limit from 55 to 65, and even to 75 on rural interstate highways, the traffic congestion actually went down, including the number of accidents.

I've had two tickets, when I was younger. Deserved them both... as I wasn't paying attention.

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amen to that grogiefrog. If ya don't do at least 70mph on "465" they'll push ya outta the way. LOL. 8-[

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thx1138 said:
Amen to that grogiefrog. If ya don't do at least 70mph on "465" they'll push ya outta the way. LOL. 8-[

Yes true, 70 as an average is probably low! It's not safe to do 60, lol!