Permanant Window Regulator Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran across a CL listing here in DFW where a guy was advertising to fix your broken Liberty window regulators. I emailed him to see what it was all about. Here is his reply:

I am working on a design for the average user to install but not available yet. My design involves welding, grinding, drilling and other industrial tools and it would be difficult to document for the masses. The cable is welded to the attachment bracket so I am considering a "lifetime warranty" because it is the FINAL solution to the bad design nylon.

If I can get enough broken regulators I could just sell the cable with the metal design "bracket" attached that might be cheaper and easier for users to install. So please put the word out that I will buy the broken ones from people that have replaced theirs already. Should have a rebuilt exchange program in the near future but so far only have a left rear for 02-early 06, and a left front for 07 and up, that are ready for exchange.

Thanks for your interest.
Rob
[email protected]

I told him I would post up here to see if anyone is interested, or has some old broken ones to send to him. Sounds like he may be on to something. He said feel free to call or email him for more info.

Just thought I would share since looks like the new dealer fix is going to be expensive since it requires a window replacement too.

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share since looks like the new dealer fix is going to be expensive since it requires a window replacement too.

Is there a TSB for the "new dealer fix"? I had my 2 fronts fixed (again) under warranty a couple of months ago... and I don't think they changed the window.

My warranty is up this summer and I don't want to pay to fix this a third time after warranty runs out.

'06 Sport

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a new dealer fix within the last month or so. And it requires a new window too. $$$$$$$

feetwet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this only affect the front side windows? So far my rear pax windows have been ok, but they get used less frequently.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I havn't had any trouble with mine........yet anyway. So we'll see what happens.

This is good to know though so thanks for the info.

Dave

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my KJ at the dealer right now for a window regulator issue in the driver door.. They have to over night the parts they need so I will be getting it back tomorrow. They called me about an hour ago telling me this. They didn't mention anything about replacing the windows.

I will refuse to ever pay for new regulators. Even after the warranty is over. I keep all my documents about have these replaced to show proof that this is a constant issue and I will not pay for a something that will break a few months down the road. Complaining straight to Corporate has it's perks.

My mother had 3 starter switches replaced on her Chevy and it need a 4th after warranty was up and the deal wanted to charge her. She called Corp Chevy and complained. Week later. New switch was in with no charge :).

Most car companies have 3 time rule in place for repairs. If you bring a vehicle into a dealer 3 times for the same issue and it's not corrected permanently. The corporate side is notified and they handle the issue until is completed. Specially if the issue started while the vehicle was under warranty.

Members online

No members online now.