performance chip woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy on the Dodge forums by the name of hemifever. He has custom tuned a buttload of 4.7 and hemi Dodges. I think it was Bionic Dodge (I am currently underway/deployed so I don't have the bandwidth to try and find it), but he tuned a 3.7 Ram then a 3.7 Liberty (04 I think) with an SCT handheld tuner. He didn't have hard numbers available, but he said it was definitely noticeable on a stock configuration. Might be worth looking into if you plan some engine upgrades.
UPDATE: Here is the thread I mentioned before: http://www.bionicdodge.com/bionic/index.php?topic=10794.0
Good to be back home. I am actually going to give this a shot, I got a ridiculously good deal on an SCT tuner and will see what loading a tune into the Jeep does. If it doesn't work out, no big deal as I can use this down the road when I get my Challenger.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Here is the thread I mentioned before: http://www.bionicdodge.com/bionic/index.php?topic=10794.0
Good to be back home. I am actually going to give this a shot, I got a ridiculously good deal on an SCT tuner and will see what loading a tune into the Jeep does. If it doesn't work out, no big deal as I can use this down the road when I get my Challenger.

That's pretty sweet. What tune do you use? Is it all custom?

Also, what tuner are you using for your tune?

Thanks!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty sweet.
What tune do you use? - haven't gotten it yet, it gets emailed
Is it all custom? - the program will be, the timing, fuel maps and torque management will be a bit different

Also, what tuner are you using for your tune? - SCT 9550. SCT doesn't specifically support this vehicle, however it has been done to both 04 Ram & Liberty. Depends on if you have a supported PCM part number. Which means it will work on the Libby, but not my Ram with the weirdo separate PCM/TCM setup.

Thanks!

No problem, just want you all to remember: if you decide down the road to try this and you cook your PCM, it's not MY fault. I like to experiment, but I'll keep you guys posted.

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem, just want you all to remember: if you decide down the road to try this and you cook your PCM, it's not MY fault. I like to experiment, but I'll keep you guys posted.

Yeah, no worries on that part. Just paid the KJ off and will probably be looking for a DD in a few months, so if something were to happen, I'll have a backup vehicle. :)

Latest posts

Members online