PCV Valve on Oil Filler Neck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s33d5

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I replaced my passenger side valve cover gasket today on my 04 liberty. All good but the PCV valve snapped when I was removing it.

I'm in Vancouver, Canada and all the parts I find online are USA only, with the part being Microgard PCV2366.

I did find this: https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/IUN29502?vehicleAddPDP=truen it doesn't have the locking part though - would this work?

Also, in the meantime, is it safe to drive the car like this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the registering tab is probably on the other side and not shown on the picture.

should be drivable.

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you call Lordco or a Jeep dealer? They probably have them in stock. Sometimes talking a to a local shop is your best and fastest bet. Price difference shouldn't be too much as it is such a small part. If you want to order online buy a Mopar part from Rockauto.com; they ship super fast. Most of my Rockauto orders arrive within 2 business days (I'm also in Vancouver).
MOPAR part number is 53032800AA.

s33d5

Reaction score
Hey thanks all, I managed to get one at NAPA that fit perfectly, so all is well!

Bigezee69

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I replaced my passenger side valve cover gasket today on my 04 liberty. All good but the PCV valve snapped when I was removing it.

I'm in Vancouver, Canada and all the parts I find online are USA only, with the part being Microgard PCV2366.

I did find this: https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/IUN29502?vehicleAddPDP=truen it doesn't have the locking part though - would this work?

Also, in the meantime, is it safe to drive the car like this?

Thanks!
why did you replace the gasket. was it leaking oil in the rear? mine is leaking oil there and burning on the exhaust manifold. how hard was it to replace it? any tips?

03GoingStrong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why did you replace the gasket. was it leaking oil in the rear? mine is leaking oil there and burning on the exhaust manifold. how hard was it to replace it? any tips?

No tips, just a "I've been there too".

Several years ago, the passenger side valve cover gasket all of the sudden just started leaking on my '03. Lots of smoke off the exhaust manifold. I took it to a Jeep dealer for repairs. They suggested that since one valve cover gasket started leaking ... replace both because the driver side likely wasn't far behind. I can't remember what I paid but it was several hundred dollars of course.

When I picked the Jeep up and was driving home, I got a CEL for an Oxygen Sensor. I turned around and immediately drove back to the dealer. That CEL wasn't there before I dropped it off for the valve cover gaskets. No idea how they managed to mess with an Oxygen Sensor but the gasket oil leak probably hit it too. The guy that had worked on my Jeep was able to quickly resolve the issue. My guess is he left a connector off somewhere when putting things back together ... dunno.

The service person said they were able to clear the fault but the sensor looked tenuous and if the fault came back, I'd need to replace the sensor. That was several years ago and the CEL hasn't reappeared.

jamesbeat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with a leaking gasket and a bad O2 sensor on my old 2003 Liberty 3.7l. It turned out that the oil was dripping down directly onto the O2 sensor, and that caused it to go bad.
However, by the time it went bad, I had already replaced the gasket, so the source of the oil was cut off. I didn't get around to replacing the sensor straight away, and the problem just fixed itself. One day, the CEL turned off and never came back on again. My guess is that the remaining oil residue eventually burned off and the sensor started working properly again.

I wonder if that's what happened with yours too? Could have just been a coincidence that the sensor happened to go bad just as you were driving home from having the gasket replaced.

Latest posts

Members online