PCV Positive Crancase Ventilation -TSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah. $51 is insane for such a short hose...
TWSS :icon_lol:

profdlp, spill the beans please :D
The last time I "spilled the beans" I was on an elevator. Then a bunch of people got on and gave me dirty looks. :mexsmoke:

I think this be the one: HOSE, TUBE. Crankcase Vent To Intake Manifold, PCV Valve To intake made by Mopar. #53032993AF

"The number matches mine exactly (53032993) but the letters were worn on my sticker. For what it's worth, I think the letters at the end of Mopar part numbers indicate the supplier. For instance, I have one serpentine belt which ends in AC and another which ends in AA. They are identical and both work perfectly. The website lists this part as a replacement for all of these:

3032993AF ; 53032993AC; 53032993AD; 53032993AE"

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this upgrade and found less blowbys?

I don't think changing to the new setup will help with that.
Maybe I should install a catch can instead.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this upgrade and found less blowbys?

I don't think changing to the new setup will help with that.
Maybe I should but a catch can instead.

I think the catch can would be a good idea. Where would you locate it? Out by spongebob or do you even have that on your 03? I'm probably going to do this when I do the PCV upgrade to my 05 soon. I changed the PCV valve and the tube was pretty oily. I pulled all the important upgrade parts off the 02 before it moved on. Of course the breather routing is different on the 05 than my 02 but shouldn't be a big deal. I ran the one breather (right side) with a tube to nowhere on my 02 for a bit and never had any issues or bad smells.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the catch can would be a good idea. Where would you locate it? Out by spongebob or do you even have that on your 03? I'm probably going to do this when I do the PCV upgrade to my 05 soon. I changed the PCV valve and the tube was pretty oily. I pulled all the important upgrade parts off the 02 before it moved on. Of course the breather routing is different on the 05 than my 02 but shouldn't be a big deal. I ran the one breather (right side) with a tube to nowhere on my 02 for a bit and never had any issues or bad smells.

My 03 does not have spongebob.
Both crankcase vent tubing to the resonators seem fine.
I can see oil over the intake (just downstream of the TB) where the PVC piping goes to.

I'll probably bolt the catch can to the firewall on the DS. There's a stud there where the engine block ground straps are on.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a good plan for the catch can.

Yeah, I thought the 02-03 were resonatored. I removed the resonator on my 02 and put the 04+ intake tube on it. This tube and the PCV upgrade left me with the right side breather with no place to go. I was going to plumb it back into the intake tube like John317 did, but never got to it and never had a problem with it open.