Passenger seat issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjs020293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son has a 2006 Liberty and one side of the passenger seat has a lot of give in it. If you push back the left side moves a couple of inches further than the right side.

Just wondered if anyone else has experience a similar issue before I try and fix it? Maybe something is loose or maybe broken? is there a ratchet type mechanism on both sides of the seats that locks in place?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the wire that connects the lock pin from one side to the other is off... this can be caused by stuff getting shoved under the seat from people in the back with big feet pushing hard... i have never looked under one of these seats, but every seat i had that slid forward and backward on one side was caused by some piece of linkage or wire being broken or missing that connects both of the slider pins together... I know this isn't a lot of help, but it might get you looking in the right place

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no problem, good luck, would like to know what the culprit is when you discover it

mjs020293

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump... what was the culprit?

I haven't taken the seat out yet. Its 95f and humid down here right now, so messing around outdoors is not much fun. He has had me doing other stuff like; oil changes; installing iPod connectors etc the last week. I will take a look at it this weekend.

zachs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I got my jeep it was the same way... sit in the passenger seat and you butt felt like it was dragging. They said the springs on that side were completely broken. Got me a new seat out of that deal...

Latest posts

Members online