Passenger Seat Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rather than have the seat repositioned, I would like a "rest" to prop my left foot on; where the left fender well intrudes into the area. Our Beetle had one of these, as have several other vehicles we have owned, and I would like to see it on off-road vehicles. Y'know what I'm talkin' about?

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they(manufactor) puts a driver seat lower it allows more people to fit in and drive the vehicle. It will appeal to more buyers, if they crammed it in higher, the steering wheel clearance would suck and turn most people away before even driving. the passenger side is higher to be able to see over hood.

my land rover rear seats sit about 4 inches higher than front seats, and front seats sit a lot higher than compared to the jeep. everytime i get in the jeep i feel like i am down inside the thing and cant see over the hood.

leg room is lacking in the drivers foot area in the jeep IMO as well, its fine for smaller people, hell of a lot better than a lot of cars even still! the jeep gives a good bit of headroom i think though

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that being said, is there a pair of acceptable aftermarket seats that can be put in the Libertys that will allow for lower positioning? These power leather seats are (ironically) the only thing I don't like about my jeep, given that I'm 6"1' and sit too high up...

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's twist this around...

Does anybody wish the seats could go back even further than they already do? I'm only 5' 10" and I wish they could...

Funny you say that Marlon, the Liberty is the only vehicle that the spouse and I don't have to adjust the seat on...and there is about a 6 inch difference between us.

And I agree with what others have stated above, I always feel like I'm sitting up higher in the passenger seat. Perhaps one of our few UK drivers can chime in and give us the reverse opinion; do they feel they are sitting higher in our drivers' side seat?