Passenger Airbag Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had my Liberty for about 2 weeks now, and I noticed today on the way home that the passenger airbag off light was on. I was the only one in there and nothing was in the passenger seat. I know it has some sensors for weight and stuff, but why would the light just come on like that for no reason?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If nothing was in the seat, then you may have a bad sensor. Mine use to come on all the time when the jeep was cold(winter, below 40 usually). It ended up being a bad sensor in the passenger seat belt. I had to take it in many times since it would go off when the jeep got warm in the cabin. I ended up driving for 30min with no heat in 20 degree weather so everything would stay cold. Thats when I was glad it had heated seats!

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has done that a couple of times, stopping and restarting has always made the problem go away, didn't think it would make much sense to take it in unless it did it all the time

Bob

Latest posts

Members online