Pass side axle C clip removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am rebuilding the front end. I have the axle half and intermediate shaft out and separated. How do you get the C clip out of the female portion of the axle half? My snap ring pliers wont do it because you cant expand the C clip because of outer wall of the axle half.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm understanding what you're saying you pulled the right side cv axle off the intermediate shaft and the snap ring is still inside the axle? If thats the case very unusual. If you're replacing the axle don't worry about it as the new intermediate shaft comes with snap rings. If you are reusing the cv axle get a long pick and long needle nose or similar and play a modern day version of operation. Either way do not reuse that snap ring.

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shot... Yes Im replacing both cv axle halfs. Well I guess i dont have a vehicle now till I can find one and have it delivered.
Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So you are replacing the CV and intermediate shaft correct ? ALWAYS replace both
If you pulled the old ones out, new one ( intermediate shaft ) will have one on it already
or ,....................

Zero402

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, i ordered one today ( intermediate shaft ). After I posted this, I was browsing the site since Im stuck and cant go anywhere, I saw a post where you stated they should be changed same time with axle half. Guess now Ill be cleaning the inside since I cant drive it haha