"parts" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 libby 4x4 and i want to get some rustys top plate spacers adn a clevis lift up front, and a extra (or 2) upper islolator pad in the rear.

Is there anything wrong with this? i want to squueze some 245 75 in there.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the rusty spacer will destroy your front end parts fairly quick. If you have to go on the cheap, go to boulderbars.com and get the daystar spacer kit and install it. You'll get 2-2 1/2" of lift, but you will also need new front struts and rear shocks. You can also keep watching the forums, always someone selling their spacer or lift parts for cheap. The best way is some OME spring/rancho shocks or get a complete Frankenlift, but I understand trying to keep it cheap and it appears you just want a little "extra" and to level front out.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TAHOE: Don't know if we are talking about the same Rusty spacers, but I think he means the small 1/4" topplates that won't destroy anything.

My worries are that 245/75 won't fit with that small amount of lift... you need 1,5"min...3/8 Clevis and Rusty gives you little over an inch...

So...maybe wit some RRO topplates (3/8" thick)

In total with the clevis lift that would give you a 1,57" lift. Depending tire thread ( AT / MT ) they may fit. If your stock coils have sagged they may not fit at all, even with a lift...

You also will have to pound the pinch weld and reshape the inner fender. See our howto section.

I was thinking of the OTT plates that destroy everything... my bad!

We can make 'em fit.. MUWHAHAHAHAHA....

You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
even with the 1.5 inch of the combination still will not fit 245-75s with out some rubbing unless you only drive straight

Members online

No members online now.