Part No for Front Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barryh

Reaction score
I am going to do a small lift to the front of my 2004 KJ(3.7 Petrol) by using Mopar CRD springs. I have the Parts list that applies to my model but I cannot interpret which spring from the list applies to the Diesel. I understand that there were 2.5 and 2.8 diesels around my year and that they may have had different springs. I do not want any more than 1.5" and would prefer only 1". Can anyone give me the part no for the Diesel spring as I am ordering from Aust. Thanks barryh

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
silly question, but if you're from Australia, can't you just get some Old Man Emu springs (made by ARB). They are better quality, and I'd assume cheaper, than the OEM's.

Get 926's or 927's for the front (I'd recommend 927, but you said "small lift").

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what he said or if you want about the same lift the CRD springs would give you get these OME springs:

OME 925 front coils and OME 946 rear coils

If I'm wrong someone will correct me. I think OME coils would be about the same price too.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup just get the OME if you just toss in springs and hopefully struts. i know some people dont want a lifted liberty, but with just the springs its not going to be to much lift. nothing that youl have to climb into

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are replacing the spring Use OME. The stock CRD replacement is OME 925 front.
I would definitely do the shock (strut) up front with the spring, as the stock OEM stuff gets bagged quickly. The front shock that most of us use now is the Bilstien B4-BE5-D916-HO

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is of any help to you barryh, but I recently fitted some CRD mopar springs to my 2.4 petrol and the part number is CK52088630AA. Bad news is I don't know which year or model diesel they were from. Funny old world isn't it - You live in Oz and don't want the OME springs and I live in the UK and wanted them but couldn't get them! Hehe. (See my previous posts for the long drawn out spring story) Not ganging up on you but I would go for the OME springs if I had the choice but if you want the mopar ones, follow your heart and ignore us all. It's only advice, it's not the law! Hope this helps, Cheers, Steve :smokin:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems barryh is looking for the same thing I am.

So I can use 926 front and 945 rear, with stock length Bilstein shocks?

Are the 926/945s shorter, or are they just softer? Will they last longer than OEMs?