P0470

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything or anywhere I should look or do before I pull my transmission for rebuild? Confirmed torque converter is slipping at lock up. Can I get away with just replacing the converter? I'm not sure if these are known for sending trash through the transmission when they go bad. Any help or opinions appreciated. 142k on my Libby

ikuo78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't it P0740?
It seems like there is a problem with the tcc solenoid circuit.

It may be a problem with the solenoid itself.

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't it P0740?
It seems like there is a problem with the tcc solenoid circuit.

It may be a problem with the solenoid itself.
Yes, P0740. I'm taking it to a transmission shop to double diagnose. In my scanner it shows slipping and RPMs bounce at 65 mph when it tries to lock up.

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to this, transmission shop confirmed the solenoid is functioning correctly and they are saying the torque converter is bad. Thankfully, on this, the very limited powertrain warranty I got when purchasing the Jeep is going to partially cover the repair. The shop is installing a remanufactured transmission for me. $1,612.00 out of my pocket and the warranty is paying the rest. So this will be a repair I don't have to do myself (I'm not great with transmissions) for once.

Latest posts

Members online