P0116 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning was an extremely cold day (-37'C without wind) and my MIL came on after driving for 10 minutes. Code is P0116. I also noticed the cooling fan was stuck on.

I did have the jeep plugged in for a few hours before starting it. It's not like it was plugged in for 12 hours. I did get a P0116 once before when I plugged it in and it was only -10'C.

Any ideas? Think it's just cold related?

Thank you

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see this is a common issue with GM vehicles....P0116 when block heater is used. I also found a thread on another Jeep forum with the same issue. Some suggestions were to have the ECM reprogrammed. I'll maybe call the dealer tomorrow and see if they know anything about that.

I'll try disconnecting the battery to reset things and see if the code comes back. If it does then I'll look in to replacing the sensor. Does anybody know the name for the coolant temp sensor? I can't find it listed any where.

redeyefighter

Reaction score
I have the same code po116, it came on yesterday. where on the block is this sensor. I got a replacement today but have never changed one. Any help???? thanks

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I forgot about this thread. The code hasn't come back since disconnecting the battery. This is the 2nd time in 6 years I've had that code.