OWL

Should I stick with OWL or go BLK?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading a post about Outlined White Lettering from LOST and I wanted to bring the question over here.

Jeep_newtires2.jpg

Do you run your tires with white or black lettering on the outside? The post also mentioned that the White Lettering gives an appearance of larger tires, any comments?

dnm45227

Reaction score
I go black side walls out. I'm lazy and the letters don't get scuffed up on curbs.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
black out..

like mine.. I have black wheels so it looks better in my opinion.

Bennett

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on the car, wheels, and tires. I always liked the white wall out but after seeing a lot of pics on here w/ the black out I went that way.
You must be registered for see images

Having the dark wheels and gray pocketed fender flares I thought the black out would look better. Plus no worries if i hit a curb. Also from what I learned in art school I think the white letters make the tires look lighter where them being solid black looks heavier=tougher/beefier. Just my 4 cents

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GoldBug said:
Having the dark wheels and gray pocketed fender flares I thought the black out would look better. Plus no worries if i hit a curb. Also from what I learned in art school I think the white letters make the tires look lighter where them being solid black looks heavier=tougher/beefier. Just my 4 cents

I like that thought. My wheels are dark and my fenders match the paint (Black). I'm going to have my tires changed out so Black is out and see how it looks. I can always have my shop change them back l8r.

Thanks!