OWL or Blackwall?

Outside White Letters or Blackwall? Which do you prefer

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
35k on tires, they're balding. Not sure if I can squeeze another winter out of them, so it will be new tire time soon. I was just wondering what everyone here prefers for their tire lettering? Outside White Letters or Blackwall?

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer blackwall on mine but on libby's with lifts ect i think the lettering showing also looks good.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also like black wall. It just looks better IMHO.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I know you love those black rims marlon.. :p

Last edited:

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OWL!

Especially on revos, i think the font matches pretty well. OWL looks good on mostly any tire/rim combo on libbys, IMHO.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
OWL!

Especially on revos, i think the font matches pretty well. OWL looks good on mostly any tire/rim combo on libbys, IMHO.

Ditto...........................:D

Dave

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on stock wheels with no lift....OWL!! Blackwall in certain cases (like different wheels/lift), but for the most part I think blackwalls on stock(16") wheels make it look cheap.

dnm45227

Reaction score
i posted some other combo. for me it depends on the tire. why put the lettering out if it's some crappy off brand? however, i put the bfgs owl out to "show off".

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon, how are you scraping on curbs? Metro Detroit isn't like an east or west coast city where you'd parallel park all the time. I hardly ever have parallel parked during my 11 years of driving. Not saying I can't, just saying I never really had to much.

Take those turns like a trucker and save your sidewalls! ;)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I've done my "share" of parallel parking, mainly @ EMU. Sometimes I park in front of my house. My street is fairly traffic heavy, so I try not to position the Jeep in the street too much. My Jeep has a tendency to travel a lot so it has been to other cities. Plus I have a tendency to get those corner spots in parking lots and get as close to the curb as possible to avoid those darn parking lot dents. Seems to have worked because I haven't had one in 24k... knock on wood. I'd rather have some busted up white letters than a door ding, hehe.

To make matters worse, my sister cannot parallel park at all. Yeah she drives my Jeep sometimes. Her letters look a bit worse than mine. :p

Last edited:

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done my "share" of parallel parking, mainly @ EMU. Sometimes I park in front of my house. My street is fairly traffic heavy, so I try not to position the Jeep in the street too much. My Jeep has a tendency to travel a lot so it has been to other cities. Plus I have a tendency to get those corner spots in parking lots and get as close to the curb as possible to avoid those darn parking lot dents. Seems to have worked because I haven't had one in 24k... knock on wood. I'd rather have some busted up white letters than a door ding, hehe.

To make matters worse, my sister cannot parallel park at all. Yeah she drives my Jeep sometimes. Her letters look a bit worse than mine. :p

White paint pen and a little bit of paitence. Problem solved!