Overhead Console Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I have noticed. However, I'm not sure if the version with Homelink has the more advanced TPMS that allows you to see the pressures at each tire, as compared to a simple "Tire Pressure Low" indicator.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
well i wasnt concerned about the tire pressure either, what im really worried about is outside temp ( yes i know ill need to buy the temp kit) It sais it does not come with the mount. will my 06 either 1. come with the mount already, or 2. be able to order just the mount from DC?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the heck is that thing in the middle?

You must be registered for see images

I think that's for sunroof, but this looks like different from KJ's EVIC.
Who cares, as long as you don't get OTIS it will be fine. but make sure it works on KJ.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does that one say "CAL" next to the temperature?

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Well i ordered one without "that thing" here we go with my first real mod for my KJ!!!

*i promised myself i wasnt going to mod it!! * lol

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I was warning you against that since you have an 06. So yeah, you just bought a Grand Cherokee EVIC which means forget about temperature readout.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh really? no temp at all? crap.

You did not read the numerous threads on this before you bought it. If you have an 05+ KJ, you need an 04+ KJ EVIC, you cannot use a Grand Cherokee EVIC, ever. If you do, you won't get a temperature readout.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
according to jeepkj.com/evic/ 1999 and up Grand Cherokee are acceptable. and the one i ordered is from an 04. But! its on the way now, we shall see! :)

Also i believe that my 06 already has the temp sensor installed for some reason.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK know it all, don't listen then. As I said, you obviously did not read any of the countless threads on the subject.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
OK know it all, don't listen then. As I said, you obviously did not read any of the countless threads on the subject.

yeah nice lets start calling names. I ordered the module BEFORE you said something. I did read the forums but i didnt memorize them. What i did notice is that anytime someone talks about evics you jump in and say something to the effect of " reading the countless posts" ok so you fancy yourself the guru thats nice! thats no reason to start getting personal when someone dont take your word as the WORD. I was going by the instructions that were presented as the unofficial-official instructions on how to install the evic. Hence my comment about the sensor being there. The instructions said i would have to buy one.

So, when i install and the temp sensor dosent report you can feel proud of yourself for being right. When i install the sensor and it does work ill report that it worked and i wont get personal.

Get over yourself!

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm... yea..

All kj's have the temp sensor already installed GeekyJeep.

What else does the temp sensor report to? i thought it was only for the EVIC. Maybe it reports to the CPU for fuelmixture etc... hmmmmm interesting.

I cant imagine they would install it if it did nothing without the evic.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, im pretty sure it goes to the PCM for the engine.

Ive read that some people have to buy another sensor to get it to work with the evic. Idk if they used different sensors when they put the evic in or what.

Titan seems to know more about it then everyone though.. Even if he is alittle ******* people. :)

Members online