Out with the old, in with the...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still gotta fill the countersunk screw holes, and do a little more sanding/smoothing around the port entrance. I'm thinking about rounding all the edges, and coating it with some box speckle coating I use at the shop. Its pretty much like a bedliner coating with a fine texture. Same stuff that ProBox uses. Anyways, here it is
You must be registered for see images

I got tired of having the usb cord for my headunit and my thumb drive just sitting in the way, so I put a flush mount usb socket in the cubby hole. It was a little more work than I originally thought. I had to carefully dremel a square out from the support for the back of the socket and wire to fit thru. I did nick a spot with the dremel, so I'll prolly re-paint the cubby. I'm happy to have my usb hidden and out of the way

You must be registered for see images attach

Since I had a couple cluster bulbs burnt out, I replaced them with some leds from superbrightleds.com

Also did the HVAC. I need to do the shifter lighting now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®4 on 38's

Last edited:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I had a couple cluster bulbs burnt out, I replaced them with some leds from superbrightleds.com

The cluster looks nice and bright, I estimate I have about 4 blown in my cluster and want to go LED, Did you go with white LED? I wanted to go a different color but it appears the actual cluster face is green and I could not find anything aftermarket, Is White the best way to go?

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with white, they look a little more blue than white. I didn't realize the pic made them look greenish. I'll take some night pics with my HD digital cam for you. The bulb numbers I saw listed didn't fit, so I sent them back and went with one's mentioned on a Dodge ram forum. They were an exact fit, so I'll see if I can dig up my receipt and post a part number/bulb type. Superbrightleds even had it wrong on their application guide.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're an accomplished craftsman...wish I knew so much about audio! That may be for the best, though, as far as my Jeep funds are concerned LOL

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I finally got a new table saw, router, and made some jigs and sleds. I bought an audio shop awhile back(which I'm slowly converting to an off road shop), but the old owner kept his Woodworking tools. Now that I have the right tools, I can turn out some pretty decent stuff, and my boxes have come a long way since the box I made in the first post. I finished the box tonight, and I only have about 2 hours in it. With my old saw, I'd spend around 2-3 just getting the cuts done since nothing was square

For s&g, here's one for a single 12 I'm in the middle of for a kid that lives a few houses down from me. He got it from a pawnshop for like $30 with a 1cuft box tuned way to high(like 50hz)so he's gonna shit when he hears it. 2.38cuft@33hz net. I took these when I was test fitting before starting on the carpet.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weather finally cooperated enough for me to take some pictures. Decided to do rear firing at the last minute instead of sub up port rear like I planned. The box volume and port area are a much better fit for these subs than my last box. BTW the subs aren't mounted upside down, I flipped the box over and I never turned it back. These little 8's sound so much better than before, and everything seems a good bit louder. The old box was a little too big with too much port area, so the subs were bottoming out fairly easy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.