otis question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfisher*CRD

Reaction score
ok i might be stupid but the dome light on a otis dont need to be rewired right i took the otis i got and pluged just the lights in and they come on when i remote lock the doors and off when a unlock :-k

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may have to be rewired, the pin outs for the dome lights are not exactly the same every year. My console came out of an '04 and the dome lights would only come on (and worse they stayed on) when the ignition was off. What year is your KJ?

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dome light pin outs, from the FSM:
'03
Pin 1 (Pink): Fused B+
Pin 2 (Yellow): Courtesy Lamp Driver
Pin 3 (BR, Bright red?, Brown?): Courtesy Lamp Load Shed

'05
Pin 1 (Red): Fused B+
Pin 2 (Black/White): Ground
Pin 3 (Yellow/Light Blue): Courtesy Lamp Load Shed

The dome light pin outs in your console are the same as mine. I ended up cutting the middle wire, and things worked better. The lights no longer come on and stay on when the ignition is off. It's not perfect, the front dome lights don't come on when i open the door, but i can live with that. There might be a better way of "rewiring", but mostly things seem to be working fine with the dome light.

It's not to say you may not have other problems. From what been written by others, your temperature display probably won't work.

its a 05 crd and i think i need to look for a 05 or newer before i try this mod probly
Even an evic out of an '05 may not be plug and play

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.