Ordered some Mopar skids today for my `05 Rene...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received a 15% discount coupon on "Accessories" from my local Chrysler/Jeep dealer. Wifey gave me some Christmas cash to put toward skid plates, as she knew I wanted them for the Jeep.

I ordered the Front Suspension skid, the Transfer Case skid, and the ****** skid.

The Front Suspension skid was on "indefinite backorder." :( Hope I can get it soon, because as I understand it, it needs to be installed BEFORE the ****** skid? (Not sure why...but saw that mentioned on "Jparts.")

Coupla questions:

1: Does the Front Suspension skid also protect the engine? I've occasionaly seen mention of an "engine skid," though I've not seen that part listed anywhere. (Jparts, Mydodge, etc.)

2: Anybody have detailed instructions for installation of these? Prefereably with pics? :D (I'm not sure what comes with the skids, as they are on order, and not in my posession yet.)

3: Do the Mopar skids accomodate oil changes and other services? Or will they need to be removed every time?

Any insight appreciated! :D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Sniff Sniff .. what is that sm...

Ah it's the hole burning in your pocket!

Congrats!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
They were optional equipment ... up here anyway..

I know .. it makes no sense whatsoever. :D

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front skid goes from the front LCA mount to the rear LCA mount,it protects the front diff.The trans skid protects the oil pan that is most easily touched when offroading.

As far as installing then it's self explanatory,it's only 4 bolts and you may already have the weld nuts in place(at least the front 2 should be).

You can drain the oil with ease without the trans skid,the front skid makes getting the oil filter a little trickier.I always removed my front skid to change the oil filter,takes less the 1 min to remove.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's odd....took my dealer a week to get my front one in, Placed the order just 10 days ago, and I got it 3 days ago.

As for the front one affecting oil changes, it doesn't look like the front one will affect it. But, it 4 bolts, and problem solved....

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front skid goes from the front LCA mount to the rear LCA mount,it protects the front diff.The trans skid protects the oil pan that is most easily touched when offroading.

As far as installing then it's self explanatory,it's only 4 bolts and you may already have the weld nuts in place(at least the front 2 should be).

You can drain the oil with ease without the trans skid,the front skid makes getting the oil filter a little trickier.I always removed my front skid to change the oil filter,takes less the 1 min to remove.

Thanks for that! :D

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's odd....took my dealer a week to get my front one in, Placed the order just 10 days ago, and I got it 3 days ago.

As for the front one affecting oil changes, it doesn't look like the front one will affect it. But, it 4 bolts, and problem solved....

Yeah...I saw your post. Yours was the Mopar one then?

Not sure what the issue is with the backorder. :confused: The X-fer and ****** plates were both available within a day or so...

Where did you order yours from?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep mine was Mopar....

I ordered mine from the dealer. I think you ordered the old part #.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you go to the morar website you can get pdf's of how to install them .... at the same time i think that there is somepace on LOST or on here that someone has posted them also

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also if i remember when i got my trannt skid it came with 2 bolts 2 nutsetters and a tool to install them

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep mine was Mopar....

I ordered mine from the dealer. I think you ordered the old part #.

Do you remember the part number you ordered? I got the part numbers off the Jparts.com site, and they were the Mopar part numbers - per the guy at the parts counter at my Jeep dealership. :confused:

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you go to the morar website you can get pdf's of how to install them .... at the same time i think that there is somepace on LOST or on here that someone has posted them also

Cool. I'll search around when I have them ready to install... :cool:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you remember the part number you ordered? I got the part numbers off the Jparts.com site, and they were the Mopar part numbers - per the guy at the parts counter at my Jeep dealership. :confused:

I might have it, I have the receipt in the manual....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.