Ordered my hookers yesterday!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
well the pimp ( wyckoff) just lowered all mopar parts to
We have increased our standard discount on "Mopar" accessories to 15-20% as opposed to 5-10% which it has been in the past. In turn, we no longer accept any coupons or additional discounts for "Mopar" accessories. "Aftermarket" accessories will still carry a 5% discount for participating "club" members. To receive this discount you must enter the club name and your user name in the "comments" section of our order from. This must be done at the time of the order and we will NOT back credit. You may also call or email us once the order is complete and we will do our best to apply the discount.

So i payed
Name Code Qty Each Options
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeep Liberty Front & Rear 82206124(front) 1 79.35
Tow Hooks
Subtotal 79.35
Shipping 10.38
Tax 0.00
Total 89.73

I thought that the hookers were nicely priced compared to the expensive dealerpimp who wanted 100+

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
your wife will be real upset when she finds out..........:D

Dave

Last edited:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
well the hookers got here. Ill post pics later.
Some quick obeservations:
1. pretty much have to take off the bumper to mount them without scratching on the 06.
2. you can remove the hooks from the mounting plates ( possible way to make a non drill Dring install later
3. have to cut out the notch in the bumper to be able to use the hooks on the 06. they fit, but you cant use the hook without removing the notch.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true and not true. I installed them without drilling the rivets and removing the front clip, and I also use the hooks without having removed the notches. I have already used them once and a tow strap fit in there just fine.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Not true and not true. I installed them without drilling the rivets and removing the front clip, and I also use the hooks without having removed the notches. I have already used them once and a tow strap fit in there just fine.

thats nice because
1. i could barely get the hook up there
2. i know that with the tools i have i would not be able to get it tightened down well without risk of scratching my paint. ( and its not that the tools i have are insufficient i restored a 66 'stang with this set)
3. my hook when put in place was TOUCHING the front clip.

The idea of a hook is that you can loop things over them. with the top of the hook touching plastic there is no way i could loop a rope chain or whatever over the top like intended.

so maybe before you start declaring " Not true Not true" you should consider that your application may not be identical to all others.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, Ive seen 05+ Jeeps with tow hooks that dont have the part cut out and its pretty much impractical when offroad. Imagine being stuck in a mud hole and having to fiddle around with the bumper trying to get a strap on it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is an 05 and I installed the front tow hooks myself and yours is an 06 and I do not know if the bumpers are the same underneith. I installed mine and it was a tight squeeze to get the bolts in I think I snapped 2 extentions together IIRC to clear the bottom of the bumper. I did not take the bumper off and I drilled out the bumper cutouts after I installed the "hookers" as you call them. I used a dremil and it cut like butter. Not much to the bumper.

Oh, the "hookers" should be open side up............haha .....That way if you loop a recovery strap onto your "******" it doesn't slide off...... Who started this "******" thread anyway??? Must have been Geeky. huh....:D I'd send you some "this side up" stickers but I don't have any because we don't need them here in NY...:D :D

Dave

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
yeah the wife is the one that started the ****** comment.
Got them on today, went to a friends house who had a pneumatic ratchet basically stuck em up there with the nuts on the ratchet and didn't have to move the rachet to tighten them down. there would have been almost no way to tighten the rearmost nut down with a manual ratchet. Mounted there is about 1/4 of an inch between the tip of the hook and the bumper so those notches are getting cut out soon.
Did you use a saw blade on the dremel or a "cutting" bit ( basically a metal grinder) ?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cherokee and maybe ZJ tow hooks were always upside down. I never did understand that or how they got a strap to stay on. :confused:

xlr8

Reaction score
Hey! if your gonna play with "hookers"nana.gif be sure to wear protection,

gloves, eye protection ect. Safety comes first(naughty)

brandonmj

Reaction score
Quote:
We have increased our standard discount on "Mopar" accessories to 15-20% as opposed to 5-10% which it has been in the past. In turn, we no longer accept any coupons or additional discounts for "Mopar" accessories. "Aftermarket" accessories will still carry a 5% discount for participating "club" members. To receive this discount you must enter the club name and your user name in the "comments" section of our order from. This must be done at the time of the order and we will NOT back credit. You may also call or email us once the order is complete and we will do our best to apply the discount.

Just how does one go about getting this discount? I'm looking to buy various items in the next month and the more I can save the better.

Members online

No members online now.