Ordered '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My uncle, a retired Chrysler manager, just told me that Libertys and Wranglers have their frames assembed and painted in one factory in Toledo, then taken to another on the other side of town to be trimmed and finished. The time between factories can vary from a few days to up to 2 weeks.

I hope mine goes quicker...

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure am. I try not to think about it, but I can't stop.

My uncle said if he wasn't retired, he'd be able to check on the progress and send me pics. (He's going to call he old contacts and get me a more detailed progress report, however.)

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats great. When the KJ arrives it wil all be worth it. I still havent been offroad. Hate to get that first Scratch. Thats bad because I started a Jeep Club and was the President for 2 years. Just not ready yet, its to pretty.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my new '00 Cherokee in December of '99, I was out on the trail by March of '00 (here is a pic from that day).

But I'm older now, and offroading isn't the driving force behind me getting a Jeep these days (but that's not to say I still won't do it on occasion).

bbermann

Reaction score
bbermann said:
I ordered a Rene recently also. The order went in 12/23/2004. I called the dealer today to see if they had a del'y date. No go, but they said parts had been allocated and they already had the VIN. Their guesstimate was that I would have it this month. They sounded sincere.

In general, I have heard 4-6 weeks.

This waiting is painful, isn't it?

I spoke to DC today and my vehicle is set to ship 1/20 via rail to Chicago then semi to dealer.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good news. My order went in a week after yours, so mine should be in a week after.

Keep me posted.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepmed said:
I bought my 02 TJ in April of 02, Offroad 2 weeks later. I replaced starter, the fanassembly, all the brakes, fluids several times, and then the auto ****** needed to be rebuilt. Thats alot for a daily driver.
When you have no backup wheels.
Heres a pic
You must be registered for see images

Great picture! So do you still have the TJ I take it? I have been thinking about adding a second Jeep to the family later this year, like a CRD or a TJ.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done?

Guess what? I had some downtime today at work and I decided to call Chrysler to get a progress report (I know, I just called yesterday, but I'm anxious, and its a toll-free number, so what the hey?).

They said the Jeep is in the KZ phase, which is completed, and awaiting shipment.

Could that be true? Could it have been in the paint phase yesterday and be done today? If not, someone was reading the wrong data...

The lady on the phone this time had no estimated ship date, however.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm mostly antsy because my current vehicle's--the one I'l trading in--inspection is up at the end of this month.

I'd hate to get it inspected if I'm only going to have it a few more weeks.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
jeepmed said:
I bought my 02 TJ in April of 02, Offroad 2 weeks later. I replaced starter, the fanassembly, all the brakes, fluids several times, and then the auto ****** needed to be rebuilt. Thats alot for a daily driver.
Heres a pic

Great picture! So do you still have the TJ I take it? I have been thinking about adding a second Jeep to the family later this year, like a CRD or a TJ.
I dont have it. I traded it for my Liberty. I dont know why I got tired of it. Maybe all the breakdowns. I've had 3 Wranglers maybe I just needed a break from the top discomfort all the time.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepmed said:
grogiefrog said:
jeepmed said:
Heres a pic

I dont have it. I traded it for my Liberty. I dont know why I got tired of it. Maybe all the breakdowns. I've had 3 Wranglers maybe I just needed a break from the top discomfort all the time.

So would you never own another one? Were your breakdowns due to offroading?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogie,

I have owned two Wranglers, and unless you have a hardtop (and it is not great either) the wind noise from the top and what-not made my ears ring if I drove it at speed longer than half and hour. It was not a fun vehicle to commute in at all. I would get a CRD if I were you. But that is my two cents only. I wish you luck with whatever you do. \:D/

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
jeepmed said:
grogiefrog said:
jeepmed said:
Heres a pic

So would you never own another one? Were your breakdowns due to offroading?

I'll probably have another, but not as a Daily driver. I''ll probably by 1 for mostly Offroading.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's In (?)

Just for the heck of it today, I did a search of the dealer's inventory
where I ordered my Liberty, and guess what? My EXACT vehicle is listed
in their inventory (matching VIN numbers). So, either they have it, or
they're about to get it, right?

I was able to view and print my window sticker.

Here's the dealer's website:

http://www.westpointe.fivestardealers.com

Check out their Liberty inventory. Mine's the one that's $27,175 (with no picture).

If I do get to pick it up it this week, it'll only be about 2 1/2 weeks from the day I ordered it to the day I get it. That's pretty impressive.

deep6blue

Reaction score
Nice choice!

Check the transmission options. It is listed that you have a Command Trac AND the Select Trac. That doesn't seem correct.

4-Speed Automatic Transmission $825
Command-Trac Part-Time 4WD System
4-Speed Automatic Transmission

Selec-Trac Full-Time 4WD System $395

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the select-trac overrides the standard command-trac in that case.

Probably the 4-speed auto transmission comes with the command-trac, but me adding the select-trac overrides it.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jjo said:
I think the select-trac overrides the standard command-trac in that case.

Probably the 4-speed auto transmission comes with the command-trac, but me adding the select-trac overrides it.

Correct JJO. Command is base, Selec-Trac is your option. Good option! =D>

Staff online

Members online