Ordered '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
grogiefrog said:
Funny Bigfella! I feel bad myself at posting on JU. [-X

that one post i saw you do, you referred to this place (dude asking about mp3 players..) i do the same thing..I post, but with links to here...LOL

Did you note what my JU signature says?

Visit www.JeepKJ.com. =D>

bbermann

Reaction score
I am getting my Liberty from my company (company car) and they said it cost less to order the vehicle than looking for one on a lot. Who am I to argue? Options were a Liberty, Caravan or Sebring. Do you guys think I made the right decision? I'm still loosing sleep over my choice (because I can't wait)

I am getting a Rene X pkg with

full skid plates (off road group?)

auto ******

anti-lock brakes

70 series tires

I think thats about it. I'm watching "Alias" as I type this and don't have my papers in front of me.

All I plan on modding is adding a Yakima Load Warrier basket I have to the roof rails, a spare tire bike rack for the summer and, of course, the Mag light.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 1 on order and they found one for me in Orlando. Not many 4x4's here in FL.
The wait was only 6 days.
You must be registered for see images

Thank God.
Can I still say that?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bbermann said:
I am getting my Liberty from my company (company car) and they said it cost less to order the vehicle than looking for one on a lot. Who am I to argue? Options were a Liberty, Caravan or Sebring. Do you guys think I made the right decision? I'm still loosing sleep over my choice (because I can't wait)

I am getting a Rene X pkg with

full skid plates (off road group?)

auto ******

anti-lock brakes

70 series tires

I think thats about it. I'm watching "Alias" as I type this and don't have my papers in front of me.

All I plan on modding is adding a Yakima Load Warrier basket I have to the roof rails, a spare tire bike rack for the summer and, of course, the Mag light.

That is great! Over the other choices, do not loose any sleep! You will really enjoy it. I bought mine in May '04, and I love driving it. It's a lot of fun to drive, it's 4x4 rocks, and it is very comfortable inside. This won't be your last Jeep. \:D/

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another $500 ...

The cash allowance went from $1000 (when I ordered it) to $1500 this month. The dealer said I'd get any better incentives that may come down the pike. So, there's another $500 savings.

Guess there's some benefit to waiting...

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Another $500 ...

jjo said:
The cash allowance went from $1000 (when I ordered it) to $1500 this month. The dealer said I'd get any better incentives that may come down the pike. So, there's another $500 savings.

Guess there's some benefit to waiting...

You never know on price... but that sounds good. My big factor was the zero percent financing that I received. That was an added bonus.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no hero, so there's no additional rebate for me.

But actually, I'm getting an employee price (EP) on my purchase due to a relative of mine being a retired Chrysler manager in Detroit, so my price is pretty much set in stone (there's a special "EP" price on the invoice...that's what I get).

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
grogiefrog said:

that one post i saw you do, you referred to this place (dude asking about mp3 players..) i do the same thing..I post, but with links to here...LOL

yep, mine isnt as blatant, i just have a link.... =D>

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
grogiefrog said:

yep, mine isnt as blatant, i just have a link.... =D>

bbermann

Reaction score
Regarding status of an ordered vehicle, if you can get the VIN or VON (order #) from your dealer, you can call DC @ 800 992 1997 and they will tell you where it is at in the manufacturing process and the delivery date.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VON Number Assigned ...

The dealer told me today that my '05 Renegade order was assigned both a VON and VIN number as of today (January 10), so things are progressing.

I called DC, and they said the vehicle would be ready the 18th. After I hung up, I wondered if he ment the vehicle would be ready to be BUILT on the 18th, or ready to be SHIPPED on the 18th.

I'll call again in a few days.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D1

I just called DC, and my order is in the D1 stage. They guy said to call next week for a better estimation of when it'll be done and delivered.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, its very hard. I can't stop thinking about it. But at least its not a CRD order...I hear those won't start production until February.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F

As of Jaunary 13, my order is in the "F" stage (painting).

The customer service rep said that when its in that phase, it takes 2-3 weeks to complete. I hope she's mistaken. I heard once a Jeep starts to be built, it only takes 3 days from start to end.

Maybe she meant it'll take 2-3 weeks before its delivered.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeps may be different but when I visited the Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze factory they told us from start to finish it takes 24 hours. That is completed and driven off the line but then of course it will sit until someone goes over the inspection, tests it etc and then it will sit again until it is finally shipped. Like I said Jeeps may be different because they are much better than the Cirrus but I thought that was impressive that in 24 hours a car could be born. Imagaine the amount they are putting out because those cars were on an assembly line one after another.