Option question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moose340

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, its been awhile since i posted and well I got a stupid question. Ive been looking at trading up to a Renegade and I could find a clear awnser here or on Lost so what is the standard options a Renegade and options you could have gotten? Im wondering if its worth it or not.
Thanks

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Renny package was just a appearance package.The only standard difference was a lightbar(till '05 or '06 when it was a option) and the 160amp alternator(again came with the lightbar).Did not have standards like skids,trashloc,or even 4wd for that matter.

moose340

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm ok well what options could you get? I read somewhere a few minutes ago that they came with 4.10's

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the only KJ's with 4.10's standard were the 4cyl ones.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm ok well what options could you get? I read somewhere a few minutes ago that they came with 4.10's

I thought the only KJ's with 4.10's standard were the 4cyl ones.
Only KJ's that came with 4.10's was the 2.4 gas KJ and the export 2.5 CRD.All other KJ's came with 3.73's or 3.55's('06/'07 KJ with 6 speed manual only).

moose340

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The internet told me!

Standard Equipment
MECHANICAL
3.7L DOHC V6 "Power Tech" engine
HD 5 speed manual transmission
4.10 axle ratio
Rear wheel drive
600-CCA maintenance free battery
160-amp alternator
Tow hooks
Jeep IS43 suspension
Independent front suspension w/coil springs
Corporate 8.25 solid rear axle w/trailing arm suspension
Front/rear stabilizer bar
Front/rear low pressure gas shock absorbers
5350# GVWR
P235/70R16 all-terrain OWL BSW tires
Full size spare tire w/outside carrier
(5) 16" x 7.0" color-keyed aluminum wheels
Pwr rack & pinion steering
Pwr steering cooler
Pwr 4-wheel disc brakes
18.5 gallon fuel tank w/tethered cap

EXTERIOR
Monotone exterior paint
Roof mounted light bar
Roof rack
Roof mounted storage basket
Body-color body-side molding
Body-color fender flares
Tubular side steps
Body-color grille
Halogen headlamps w/time off delay
Deep tint sunscreen glass
Fog lamps
Front license plate bracket
Pwr fold away side mirrors
Variable intermittent windshield wipers
Rear window wiper/washer
Rear swing gate w/flipper glass

INTERIOR
Cloth/leather high-back front reclining bucket seats
65/35 split fold down rear seat
Full length floor console
Driver & passenger assist handle
Floor carpeting
Front/rear floor mats
Leather-wrapped tilt steering wheel
Tachometer
Pwr driver & front passenger windows w/1-touch
Speed sensitive pwr locks
Cruise control
Remote keyless entry
Illuminated entry
Air conditioning
Rear window defogger
AM/FM radio w/compact disc/cd-changer control w/6-speakers
Aux 12-volt pwr outlet
Cloth door panel trim
Illum vanity mirrors
Lamps-inc: cargo compartment, courtesy, map/reading
Cargo tie down loops & grocery bag hooks
Rear aux 12-volt pwr outlet

EPA FUEL ECONOMY RATINGS
City 17/hwy 21 (3.7L engine/5-speed manual trans)
City 16/hwy 22 (3.7L engine/5-speed auto trans)

SAFETY
Driver & front passenger multi-stage airbags
3-point seat belts all seating positions
Latch-ready child seat anchors

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just say thats what the internet said.
Yeah you can find places on the internet that say santa is real also,doesn't mean it's true.

Oh and they have the GVWR wrong also being a 3.7 V6,should be 5600lbs.Can not have the 18.5 gallon gas tank and 4 wheel disc brakes together,and from the looks that info is for a '02 KJ so no advertized 5 speed auto either.Granted the 45RFE is actually a 5 speed auto but labeled as a 4 speed auto from Chrysler as 1 of the speeds(the 2nd second gear) is only for passing gear and not normally shifted into unless downshifting at highway speeds for passing/steep grades.Plus no power folding mirrors for North American KJ's and the mpg's is listed wrong also.

A whole lot of wrong with that list above.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power folding mirrors...One of the most mis-labeled descriptions in the automotive world. In Jeep's case what they mean is "the glass part is powered and, oh yeah, the rest of the mirror folds manually."

Some interpret power folding mirrors to mean that the whole mirror folds electrically - but that option was only available to some export countries. I think there is a Jeeper from Australia on here who has that option - which is kinda cool I gotta say :smokin:

If you want to know what's on YOUR Liberty follow this link from Chrysler and fill in all the information. Ask them for the 'build sheet' for your Jeep and they'll email it back to you with the specific options on your vehicle. If you've recently purchased your Jeep from someone they'll ask for the previous owner, when you bought your vehicle and maybe some other information. Expect your build sheet in your in-box a couple of days after sending it off to them - they're very responsive.

Don't know if they have anything on Santa Claus though...

Let us know what options you have on your Renegade!

Bob

Last edited:

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No,not even on a renny.

All Renegades (2 and 4WD) came standard with front and rear tow hooks, Front, Xfer Case and Fuel tank skid plates for 2002-2004 and when they added the transmission skid plate in 2005 it came standard with that as well. In 2006 the high tier Renegade came standard with all 4 skid plates and tow hooks (called the Skid Plate group) but the low-tier Renegade did not have them as standard, you had to purchase the option. Again that was for 2006 only.

The Renegade also came standard with the light bar (a delete option was added in 05-06) the 160A alternator, Renegade specific fender flares, and seating surfaces (half leather, half cloth), roof basket (2002-2005), larger roof rails(2005-2006) flat hood and grille (2005-2006)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Renegades (2 and 4WD) came standard with front and rear tow hooks, Front, Xfer Case and Fuel tank skid plates for 2002-2004 and when they added the transmission skid plate in 2005 it came standard with that as well. In 2006 the high tier Renegade came standard with all 4 skid plates and tow hooks (called the Skid Plate group) but the low-tier Renegade did not have them as standard, you had to purchase the option. Again that was for 2006 only.

The Renegade also came standard with the light bar (a delete option was added in 05-06) the 160A alternator, Renegade specific fender flares, and seating surfaces (half leather, half cloth), roof basket (2002-2005), larger roof rails(2005-2006) flat hood and grille (2005-2006)
2wd renny's did not come with skids,worked at a dealership in '02-early '03.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd renny's did not come with skids,worked at a dealership in '02-early '03.

I worked at the dealership in 03 as well (although in the parts dept) and remember thinking it was dumb that the 2wd models came with skid plates.

Anyway I have all of the brochures for all of the KJs (renny and not) and they say that skid plates are standard on the 2 and 4 wheels drive renegade from 02-05

:freak3:

WesChapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 Rene has no skid plates of any kind, all cloth seats and no light bar. bummed about the no light bar.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you can find places on the internet that say santa is real also,doesn't mean it's true.

Oh and they have the GVWR wrong also being a 3.7 V6,should be 5600lbs.Can not have the 18.5 gallon gas tank and 4 wheel disc brakes together,and from the looks that info is for a '02 KJ so no advertized 5 speed auto either.Granted the 45RFE is actually a 5 speed auto but labeled as a 4 speed auto from Chrysler as 1 of the speeds(the 2nd second gear) is only for passing gear and not normally shifted into unless downshifting at highway speeds for passing/steep grades.Plus no power folding mirrors for North American KJ's and the mpg's is listed wrong also.

A whole lot of wrong with that list above.

I got the 18.5 gallon tank with 4 wheel disk brakes. Trust me, I wish my tank was bigger! :happy175: