open side marker lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

antonio_crd

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need a your help, how you can open the side marker lamps?..
In EURO version, there are no lamps inside, and I want to restore, like for the US market. (add the lamp bulbs)
I tried to open the yellow glass, but is lock. Is enough to pull?

Thank you in advance.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Antonio, to answer your question you do not open the unit to replace/install the bulb. On the U.S. version there is a plastic socket that holds the bulb, and this socket goes in the opening on the back side of the marker housing. You'll need to get the sockets and wiring along with the bulbs since none of that is installed on the export KJs.

Mike64

Reaction score
I had the same problem and I've drilled holes in the backside of the sidemarker lamps. Then I installed sockets with the the bulb in that holes.
I found this sockets in my garage. They belonged to the third Brakelight of my Dodge Shadow I had a few years ago, but I think you can find parts like that in a junkyard in your area. Usualy this sockets are made from rubber and if you make the hole not to big, it should be easy to fit. The electrical installation is not difficult. One wire to the plus of the parking light, one wire to the plus of the turnsignal. This has the effect, that it flashes when you use the Turnsignal. It works perfect and looks great.

Mike